• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

6 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

amazing we can't remember the date, because i distinctly remember it as the worst model bust i had ever seen

March 8 2013? I don’t know exactly what happened, but I read that the eastern low got absorbed by the western one or something weird like that happened. Anyways that storm I was forecast to get 2-4, got 20.

Just now, George001 said:

March 8 2013? I don’t know exactly what happened, but I read that the eastern low got absorbed by the western one or something weird like that happened. Anyways that storm I was forecast to get 2-4, got 20.

No, this was more recent. March 2013 was amazing, but I give the models a pass on that one...a freakin fujiwara.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

I just got called to cover a 7 to 4 shift tomorrow.  Gladly will drive in heavy snow tomorrow. Love driving while everyone else is home.

I dont mind driving in the snow some use sick days for the beach and I used one to enjoy the snow.. noone at my work cares when you use them including bosses   I constantly take extra days and beast it at work.. that guy is nuts lol

2 minutes ago, George001 said:

That one fujiwaraed and fire hosed us. It was awesome.  Also, that what happens when you watch Pete Bouchard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

No, this was more recent. March 2013 was amazing, but I give the models a pass on that one...a freakin fujiwara.

Biggest positive busts I can think of that happened recently were the Super Bowl storm last year, March 14 2018 blizzard, one early Feb 2016 and March 2019. 

1 minute ago, ineedsnow said:

I dont mind driving in the snow some use sick days for the beach and I used one to enjoy the snow.. noone at my work cares when you use them including bosses   I constantly take extra days and beast it at work.. that guy is nuts lol

Don’t you use 2-3 a year for drizzle and 40 in spring ? 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

This is driving me crazy, I distinctly remember everyone arguing if double barrel lows could happen or it's convective feedback. In the end it was one strong consolidated low well west of what models initially had. 

3 minutes ago, Hoth said:

That one fujiwaraed and fire hosed us. It was awesome.  Also, that what happens when you watch Pete Bouchard.

1 minute ago, mob1 said:

This is driving me crazy, I distinctly remember everyone arguing if double barrel lows could happen or it's convective feedback. In the end it was one strong consolidated low well west of what models initially had. 

Was it 2/5/16?

1 minute ago, mob1 said:

Yeah, initially I thought it was Jan '18, but apparently not. Could it have been 1/27/11?

28 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Hey, been out of the loop since the Nam-pocolypse last night. What I miss?

Well, in 1930, people in Boston were thirsty, so they gathered all the local antivax smallpoxers in the towns of Petersham, New Salem, Hardwick, Ware, Belchertown, Shutesbury, Pelham. Then they filled all the towns up with water and drown them and it became the quabbin reservoir. Now Boston drinks the blood of the dead. 

• Haha 3

Just now, DotRat_Wx said:

Well, in 1930, people in Boston were thirsty, so they gathered all the local anti smallpoxers in the towns of Petersham, New Salem, Hardwick, Ware, Belchertown, Shutesbury, Pelham. Then they filled all the towns up with water and drown them and it became the quabbin reservoir. Now Boston drinks the blood of the dead. 

Congratulations, you've won the Internet today.

12 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Our local MET Ryan Hanrahan here in CT said we need to watch out for a possible heavy Snow band that may set up somewhere in central CT ( he said it was showing up on some of the models late this afternoon, Earl Eve ). He said it would have " The Fluff factor " with the snow growth and could drop several inches in a short period of time. I thought that was interesting. 

I literally cannot stand the guy!!