• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I find a bust in either direction entertaining . I honestly don’t care how much falls . I know it’s odd but the following of the storm is something I have enjoyed more than the storm for a while, and the emotions .

It strangely feels like fantasy football in a way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I find a bust in either direction entertaining . I honestly don’t care how much falls . I know it’s odd but the following of the storm is something I have enjoyed more than the storm for a while, and the emotions .

As Tip would say, the cinema and dopamine drip.

• Like 4

I think that’s pretty common amongst us

• Like 1

Kind of like Christmas. The lead-up is always better.

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Yea Tracking is sometimes more enjoyable, Dryslot feels the same IIRC. The science, the emotions, the shitshow in here…it’s a great way to spend time. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Who cares at this point. Just watch the radar

Thank you.  I’m about done with this POS! Let’s see how it plays out now. Modeling all over the place for days and days.  Ridiculous.  I’m liking the .4-.5 of precip here…that’ll yield 4-6” if that’s even true. Who knows and quite honestly I don’t care anymore.  

And If the GFS can’t get this right 6-8 hrs out from go time…that thing should be retired with the NAM. 

It’s Nowcast time…put these models to bed now. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea Tracking is sometimes more enjoyable, Dryslot feels the same IIRC. The science, the emotions, the shitshow in here…it’s a great way to spend time. 

With snowstorms for me it’s like this especially , maybe just because being out in the elements is just not as enjoyable (Cold /windy ) . When I lived in Florida for a decade tracking hurricanes on a forum (storm2k) was a favorite past time but the difference was the actual storm was pretty dang awe inspiring , I like the ocean wave aspect and the winds (and warmth ) are just more fun to be out in (being reasonable w risk taking )but I’m still hooked on winter storms 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Thank you.  I’m about done with this POS! Let’s see how it plays out now. Modeling all over the place for days and days.  Ridiculous.  I’m liking the .4-.5 of precip here…that’ll yield 4-6” if that’s even true. Who knows and quite honestly I don’t care anymore.  

And If the GFS can’t get this right 6-8 hrs out from go time…that thing should be retired with the NAM. 

It’s Nowcast time…put these models to bed now. 

LOL, I feel the same, been a roller coaster.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, George001 said:

We still don’t know if that eastern low thing will even be real. The upside is still there, we will find out in a few hours.

What do you mean we don't know whether it'll be real. You think the satellite is doing performance art? Is it a metaphor?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

With snowstorms for me it’s like this especially , maybe just because being out in the elements is just not as enjoyable (Cold /windy ) . When I lived in Florida for a decade tracking hurricanes on a forum (storm2k) was a favorite past time but the difference was the actual storm was pretty dang awe inspiring , I like the ocean wave aspect and the winds (and warmth ) are just more fun to be out in (being reasonable w risk taking )

I can see that for sure. I’ll always be a cold/snow weather guy though. I like being out in it and especially now that my son is a weenie. I can’t deal with wind though. I’m the first one inside and I’ll leave his little ass out there.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, WhiteLawns said:

Do you think we’ll get low end of your map in the torrington area?

perhaps my initial 1-3 was a good call for our area, got a bit excited seeing yesterday trends, but that convection offshore has been there nagging for days now, have to say don't expect more than a a couple inches, more would be great, but wishcasting leads to disappoint

• Like 1