• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Disco 2021. Do record dews continue?

Damage In Tolland

15 minutes ago, dendrite said:

That was an emphatic quick end of summer on that run. Too bad it's the op gfs.

Like how it belts the N-central Gulf with two land falling, category 4 hurricanes inside of 84 hours of one another. 

That's a scenario in the d-day scriptures seldom envisioned -

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, weathafella said:

In this day and age classes without ac and windows that won’t open are ridiculous.   No one will learn.   Either AC the schools or start after Labor Day.

We can get big heat in late June as well.  This past school year we had temps in the 90s in June.  So moving the start doesn’t affect it much.   But AC would be nice.   

3 hours ago, dryslot said:

I don't know enough about them that i'm buying them from the store, Not taking any chances of consuming the wrong ones.

A shroom-loving friend once offered this test:  Take a bite and wait 20 minutes.  If you begin feeling dizzy, don't eat any more.  (Since some of the deadliest mushroom poison is asymptomatic for several hours and incurable, that might not be a good idea.)

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Today is definitely the worst.

90/69

I don't know I you guys had a heat wave ...well down here I guess, when I was in Michigan so I wasn't here for that, but this is the hottest I've felt air this summer 

wtf -  94/75 at multiple home sites within mere miles of here

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

We can get big heat in late June as well.  This past school year we had temps in the 90s in June.  So moving the start doesn’t affect it much.   But AC would be nice.   

Start Labor Day, end mid June, crimp 1-2 days from each break.   Agree ac is the solution.  It’s not 1960 anymore.

4 hours ago, dryslot said:

Saturday looks like a jacket day, lol, I've seen more temps in the 90's this summer then in the previous two years, And 70's dews were unheard of too here but we have had quite a few this year as well, As high as 78°F, Sunday looks like garbage with overcast and showers.

Hit 90 and 92 in June, 1st year with more than one day at 90+ since 2003.  (Tops is 7 in 2002.)  Also had 3 days at 88, maybe today joins that club.  Dews were ~70 on that 92 day (6/28), perhaps a degree or 2 higher today and average temp is 2° lower today than in late June.

On 8/24/2021 at 6:52 PM, Damage In Tolland said:

It hangs that front up over CT. So we actually may have showers/ storms clouds both days but certainly Sunday .. Dews never get much lower than low- mid 60’s Saturday south and west of Pike . Up there you get a coc k before wedge Sunday 

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I said showers Saturday which looks legit in CT