• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Disco 2021. Do record dews continue?

Damage In Tolland

19 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Totally random and we got no rain as it stayed to the north of here but have heard of people getting struck under blue skies away from storms, Scary shit.

Had some close ones here this afternoon despite missing the cells to the north...gotta watch those anvils for +CGs.

8 hours ago, dryslot said:

I guess i'm glad i wasn't in my sons pool this afternoon, A severe storm passed 5 miles to the north of here and a random bolt hit a tree 30 yds behind his house and he was climbing out of the pool and and as soon as it hit his left arm went numb but he is fine.

IMG_6414.PNG

Yikes

10 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They had the worst summer of their lives with high dews 85% of time. It’s hard pill for them to swallow. Still plenty of dewdy days to come even into Oct.. with breaks obviously 

It's strange.......some of them have a pool and they even wish for ACATT in the middle of July.  Too many funky brownies while on the pool floatie? 

• Weenie 1

11 hours ago, dryslot said:

I guess i'm glad i wasn't in my sons pool this afternoon, A severe storm passed 5 miles to the north of here and a random bolt hit a tree 30 yds behind his house and he was climbing out of the pool and and as soon as it hit his left arm went numb but he is fine.

IMG_6414.PNG

Ouch - glad it wasn't worse.  The March strike that blew up a fir tree here was nearly twice as distant yet it fried a DirecTV wire and ruined the underground connection between our generator and its dedicated panel.  Installer had to dig up and replace the line.  Given that such impacts decrease by the square of the distance, your son had 4 times the impact of the close shot here.  :o

4 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Ouch - glad it wasn't worse.  The March strike that blew up a fir tree here was nearly twice as distant yet it fried a DirecTV wire and ruined the underground connection between our generator and its dedicated panel.  Installer had to dig up and replace the line.  Given that such impacts decrease by the square of the distance, your son had 4 times the impact of the close shot here.  :o

He told me he just got done brushing the pool and had put the aluminum pole down 15 sec before the strike, He was just starting to climb out of the pool when it hit and he said the most amazing part was the wave of water that shot from his elbow to the other end of the pool and that he lost feeling for over 10 mins like someone hit the funny bone with a hammer He was still waist deep in the pool at the time, His wife screamed so loud seeing the bolt the neighbor came out to see if everything was ok.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Whineminster said:

It's strange.......some of them have a pool and they even wish for ACATT in the middle of July.  Too many funky brownies while on the pool floatie? 

Strange that anyone would want to sweat just walking out the door. 99% of us want 85/60 with full sun for our summer.  No one cept a tiny few want bugs, mold and sticky, stanky, stinky weather. So please climb back in front of your AC outlet and take a nap 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2