• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August Disco 2021. Do record dews continue?

Damage In Tolland

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yup. Best summer of all our lives. Folks have enjoyed this immensely. No cold no Coc k . Just heat, dews and storms 

Yup. nothing screams enjoyable hot summer like a high temp of 57 degrees on July 3. best ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, dryslot said:

I guess i'm glad i wasn't in my sons pool this afternoon, A severe storm passed 5 miles to the north of here and a random bolt hit a tree 30 yds behind his house and he was climbing out of the pool and and as soon as it hit his left arm went numb but he is fine.

IMG_6414.PNG

Glad he’s ok Jeff!   Scary!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Cherry pick one day?

ok let's cherry pick one month. July-didn't you have around 18" of rain (I had 15"). my monthly avg temp was ~2 degrees BN. what was your July avg temp compared to normal?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

How will the summer look? AN wet and high dews ? Or BN and chilly?

Around Average wet with a persistent pattern of  humid wet to normal to BN on holidays. All anyone will remember is the record rains. No one will remember if it was sticky in August.  That's normal. 

90dTDeptCT.png

6 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I think Boston broke all time low temp last night 84F

Didn't pull it off last night but they did tie the record max low for 8/24 with a low of 71 which tied many years, 1947 being the most recent.

KBOS broke the record max low on 8/25 by only getting down to 76 which broke the record of 74 from 1998 (was tied with 3 others from previous years).

Also, came within 1 degree for the record max low on 8/26 with a low of 75 (Record-76 in 1948). Quite the stretch!

Hopefully these will be the last high low temps of the summer. Nights are just waaaay too muggy.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Around Average wet with a persistent pattern of  humid wet to normal to BN on holidays. All anyone will remember is the record rains. No one will remember if it was sticky in August.  That's normal. 

90dTDeptCT.png

Except June and Aug were both MAN. It was an exceptional summer for the many dew fetish crews 

21 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

All I remember is the terrible July cold and all the bacterial speck on my tomato plants

My tomato plants had zero blight. 
Pulling a few tomato’s per day from all 6 now . Peppers going crazy too.

They love humid wire to wire summer months like we had. If you polled people they will to a man remember this as the most humid summer they’ve lived thru . Wild times for sure. 

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They love humid wire to wire summer months like we had. If you polled people they will to a man remember this as the most humid summer they’ve lived thru . Wild times for sure. 

Speck isnt blight, but it definitely loved the 2 weeks of rain and cold in the middle of July.

Don't get me wrong though, I have far more from my garden than I can eat.

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nah, the summer two or three years ago blows this one away in my mind. My walls and banisters were sweating into October that year. Mold wanted to grow everywhere. I believe sites on Long Island obliterated their record for most hours with dews over 70. This one has been a walk in the park by comparison.

1 minute ago, Hoth said:

Nah, the summer two or three years ago blows this one away in my mind. My walls and banisters were sweating into October that year. Mold wanted to grow everywhere. I believe sites on Long Island obliterated their record for most hours with dews over 70. This one has been a walk in the park by comparison.

We tried to tell him.

• Haha 1