• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August Disco 2021. Do record dews continue?

Damage In Tolland

7 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

it was said with respect the the dews

70+ dews can go into September. I am referring to the pattern of troughs coming in and not necessarily prolonged swamp conditions. After this week....well maybe more like early next week...it looks to change. It doesn't mean we can't get hot and humid. We probably will have those conditions come and go in September. 

33 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

70+ dews can go into September. I am referring to the pattern of troughs coming in and not necessarily prolonged swamp conditions. After this week....well maybe more like early next week...it looks to change. It doesn't mean we can't get hot and humid. We probably will have those conditions come and go in September. 

September is what used to be called "rebound days" at my college in VT

While a lot of doom and gloom about the dewpoints exists. Seems like the NWS forecast indicates the expected break from the ultra high humidity for about 36-48 hours this weekend. Rising dewpoints again early next week with lower temps than we are seeing now. But then an extended period of 55-60 degree dewpoints from mid next week until 7 days after.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Gee ... it's almost like there must be a steady feeding tube of drama and if there isn't ( in sensible reality...)  dew points gets the node as the new ode to horror -

The weather is boring - end of discussion. It is not suddenly worth the engagement because we collectively fantasize some sort of urgency at 73 dps LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, WeatherWilly said:

While a lot of doom and gloom about the dewpoints exists. Seems like the NWS forecast indicates the expected break from the ultra high humidity for about 36-48 hours this weekend. Rising dewpoints again early next week with lower temps than we are seeing now. But then an extended period of 55-60 degree dewpoints from mid next week until 7 days after.

Lol what? Dews are back into 60’s Sunday and 70’s at least some of next week 

• Weenie 3

14 minutes ago, WeatherWilly said:

Looks like summer's back is bending next week.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Its like March....wintry stretches come, but they have neither the ferocity nor staying power.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

12 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

That’s the way to go. We’re thinking hard about getting one…we’ll hold off for now though.

My wife and I are kicking around the idea of getting a plunge pool. We are kind of up against it space wise, so this would be a good alternative. It’s actually a pool and hot tub separated by concrete.

I can only imagine what the waiting list is for this, I haven’t called yet to kick the tires, but we’d need to take out some equity in the house to do it.

https://www.eastonpool.com/plunge-pools/

4 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Less common at this latitude, but we had 70+ dews in 1999 and 2010.  11-year cycle?  (Also had late frosts kill most of the new growth in 1999 and 2010, but not this year even though the warm spring was the perfect set-up for a late killer.)

yellow jackets out in full force, yikes

.Hordes gorging on the drops under our apple trees.  They seem to know their time is limited.

2 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

"Morch" is not a winter month, yet September is a summer month with relentless dews....funny how that works.

Wasn't following along so ... not to step on the jape and pull tongues back away from cheeks but ... actually, seasonal lag is very real in climate.

It's why also we get winter after the Solstice -

Lol - at least 'used to' ..back before you-know-what.

But, September's likeness and/or summery retention is actually consistent, just as March should not be warm yet.    Again, the 'classic model' is/has been getting/gotten skewed for CC -related reasons.