Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

I like that metaphor ^

...the rad filled in after the baroclinic wall slipped NE and took that away.  It reminds of that mood snow you get in the street lamps after a Nor'easter pulls away but prior to CAA kicking in  ( well after Christmas ). There's a saturated layer around the 700 mb that cooling and has small growth region.  I wonder if this is similar, just well above freezing -

2 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

you guys are getting steined this winter:icecream:

Its like a tropical forest here. I went out this morning to clear a path around the outside of the fences, 3 sides are forest. I ended up changing the weed whacker for the Bush whacker. Heavy heavy growth. 

You know this gonna yank on summer enthusiast short hairs to bring this up...but I miss that.

We don't have those marginal snow nor'easters anymore, where the wind goes calm and the end game features an evening under an urban sky glowing butter-scotch hue while that lingering saturated layer just above adds graces a Rockwellian inch . 2    Meanwhile, snow is slowly congealing in the 31.9 F air under foot, and if you don't get out there and exhume the base of your driveway, it will be a veritable Jersey Barrier by dawn.   

Our snow storms either have to be 10F or they are 34 cat paws now.  

We've discussed this in the past ... I started musing about this phenomenon some 7 years ago, how marginal storms seem to flop positive now.  We can't seem to hold a 31.9 F heavy snow without it committing to warm decimals - as tendency, mind you.   I called it our "flop direction" is not longer .3 cooling but .3 warming - just symbolically.  Maybe it's some obscure metric undefined about climate migration with CC?  Subtle.  It seem more so than it used to, we rely upon direct arctic injection to keep snow going here, more so than it seemed so to me while growing up in the Lakes and New England such that I did. There's no one particular year when this begin being the case. Just sort of is like that now and wasn't back whence -

9 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Sat and Sun look like dung. 

Two straight multi-day summer-holiday cosmic dildos. I guess we salvage the 5th, at least. 

I'm not sure Sunday's that bad.

I opined early ... won't reload all that wordage heh.  But, the NAM seems to have 'cooperated' with some of those concepts. It runs on the FOUS grid suggest18z with partly cloud RH levels, and both ALB and NYC are 20C in the mid boundary layer, and since all three (BOS) have light NW winds, it is likely the interior of Mass/NW RI and much of CT are probably partly cloud with temperature in the low to mid 70s by mid afternoon on this NAM run. 

There are synoptic reasons also to support this, in that the closed vortex is both filling but actively migrating away from the region between 12z and 18z Sunday morning, and the BL flow is N/NW which is d-slope.  Those type of backside flows tend to be overly pessimistic in guidance with clouds and sometimes QPF ... but it ends up going partly sunny SE of the rought 1200 elevation contour.  I'm sort of leaning that way -

• Like 1

I think of today as -22 dep.   Tomorrow as -15.  And Sunday as -4, which at this time of year, isn't a bad temperature day. Particularly if the RH fields do cut open like I'm buckin' for. 

But, that will assure the entry into July is eye-popping below normal, so that the two grid stressing killer heat waves later in the month get insidiously buried by the means.  Ultimately making a difficult endurance global warming July seem manageable.

This is one of those theoretical Gaia's revenge months.   I liken it to turning up the heat on toads in the pan of water, done on purpose ...we get to a point where we all die ..beguiled from seeing it happening the whole way.  Problem solved - eradicated by 'turning up the oven dial to the Clean cycle' lol

You can see on satellite ...we actually had a shot at improving sky conditions here but that training rain bomb shit in the HFD CT corridor is dumping debris clouds up here, capping the murk and keeping our heads jammed in butthole weather

22 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

You can see on satellite ...we actually had a shot at improving sky conditions here but that training rain bomb shit in the HFD CT corridor is dumping debris clouds up here, capping the murk and keeping our heads jammed in butthole weather

Yes sir probably a solid 2 inches of rain here today.