Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

55/53 at 5pm in the late afternoon on July 2nd at ORH is hilarious.  Usually the max hearing time of day.

I posted earlier that ORH has a legit shot at the all time July record tomorrow. 55F in 1978. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I posted earlier that ORH has a legit shot at the all time July record tomorrow. 55F in 1978. 

Yeah saw that, wild that it’s even an option. Can you imagine that within the same week ORH pops several 90F or above in a row?  Heatwave to all-time low, :lol:.

Gotta love when the true weenie comes out in the NWS discos once in a while.

From BTV:

Water vapor shows deep closed cyclonic circulation center over western NY, while moist conveyor of mid/upper lvl moisture continues along the Eastern Conus. Closed 700 to 500mb circulation wl slowly track from western NY into SNE by 00z Sunday. Only if this was winter-time, this would be an ideal track for big snows acrs the fa, always dreaming about the white stuff, as we have made the turn. Meanwhile, this 2 to 3 STD below normal trof wl continue to produce a cool and unsettled holiday weekend.

• Haha 2

Let me state right off that I am no Mitch or Ineedsnow. I don’t enjoy this weather. But I’ve just driven 6000 miles over the last 2 weeks on vacation and weather like this gives me an excuse to just chill on the couch and not feel guilty about it. Can’t catch up on the lawn work or other outside chores. Just taking naps and watching tv. 

• Like 3

“Perhaps the greatest story of the weekend is the potential record cold high temperatures,” National Weather Service forecasters said in an Internet posting.

Some localities across Central Massachusetts and Northeastern Connecticut will fail to climb out of the 50s on Saturday,” the forecasters wrote. That’s a far cry from the recent sweltering heat, which included a three-day heat wave and a record high of 100 Wednesday in Boston.

The low temperature records for the day to beat on Saturday are: 61 in Boston, Hartford, and Worcester, and 60 in Providence, all of them set in 1914.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1