Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

4 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Never seen a rabbit this far north in NH. Send some up.

I've seen snowshoe hares up in Pittsburg, but I don't think they have the cottontail population we have down there in SNH. They're everywhere around my area

9 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

I've seen snowshoe hares up in Pittsburg, but I don't think they have the cottontail population we have down there in SNH. They're everywhere around my area

It's weird because when I lived in the countryside in Auburn I never saw one there either.

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It's interesting because I cannot recall seeing any in New Hampshire either, yet I have seen hares at high elevation in the Bigelow Range in W Maine.

They are everywhere at elevation on Mansfield.  The Toll Road morning checks/drive used to reveal many of them.  You could see 3-4 on the drive at 7am in the summer.  The dog chases them all the time up there.  For some reason never see them down low, but they thrive up high for some reason.  Maybe lack of predators up there?  The coyotes and foxes take care of the population below 2,000ft?

Suburban residential area where I live has numerous rabbits, I see them often in the morning and evening.  Our cats sometimes do a number on them.   I found one decapitated a couple weeks ago with the head and blood under my patio table and the rest about 30 feet away and found the matching blood on one of my cats, guilty as ever.  

40 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It's interesting because I cannot recall seeing any in New Hampshire either, yet I have seen hares at high elevation in the Bigelow Range in W Maine.

Looks like most of the rabbit sightings are near the eastern Mass border.

image.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

It's weird because when I lived in the countryside in Auburn I never saw one there either.

I'm definitely seeing more now than I can recall in the past. My family has a camp on a pond in town and they are everywhere around all the houses and camps near the pond. Probably less predation in that densely populated area. 

The National Weather Service in Norton has issued a * Flood Warning for... North Central Norfolk County in eastern Massachusetts... Suffolk County in eastern Massachusetts... South Central Essex County in northeastern Massachusetts... East Central Middlesex County in northeastern Massachusetts...

54 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Maniacs

20210702_060818.jpg

Some pretty wild videos of it coming across Long and Great Pond. It seems like a sneaky good severe weather area. Might be moving up there next year, Great Pond has some of the better bass fishing in New England. 

• Like 2