Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So….. would you prefer this or HHH for the holiday weekend? If those are the only two options.

If its 120 degree heat index and we are stuck inside does it really matter. Thats a reasonable comparison.  Now if its 90 over 68 then yea HHH. But either end of that spectrum sucks. Hoodies and sweatpants on July 4th weekend while cruising Falmouth shores is ridick

1 minute ago, moneypitmike said:

I just spot-checked 4 of the PWS in town.  The lowest for the week was 3.2".  The other 3 were all over 4" with the highest being 4.5". 

No mowing until Monday I guess.

I heard the commercial mowers out yesterday. I suppose you can't let your jobs get too backed up.

2 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I just spot-checked 4 of the PWS in town.  The lowest for the week was 3.2".  The other 3 were all over 4" with the highest being 4.5". 

No mowing until Monday I guess.

I mowed Thursday and got everything done just before the rain. Weed whacked as it started and  finished yesterday. Plush as it has ever been. Garden exploded with te heat and rain. Next weeks heat and rain will just add to the tropical look. Great for the wells ground water reservoirs and lakes. This will carry us through the summer. Drought monitor cancel....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I mowed Thursday and got everything done just before the rain. Weed whacked as it started and  finished yesterday. Plush as it has ever been. Garden exploded with te heat and rain. Next weeks heat and rain will just add to the tropical look. Great for the wells ground water reservoirs and lakes. This will carry us through the summer. Drought monitor cancel....

Stein in a deep state of depression.

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

If its 120 degree heat index and we are stuck inside does it really matter. Thats a reasonable comparison.  Now if its 90 over 68 then yea HHH. But either end of that spectrum sucks. Hoodies and sweatpants on July 4th weekend while cruising Falmouth shores is ridick

It’s a touch muggy here . Just ran 5 mile on beach road. No rain other than a spit of drizzle , but certainly awful 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You took Steve’s gauge?

Lol Stratus and tipper have been very close this week. I cleaned out the tipper Wednesday when I changed the battery.  Pretty funny watching a yellow finch riding the anemometer cups like a merry go round this morning. Full day of binging season 7 of Bosch in store. Tomorrow at least I can grill, and clean the pool where I can go to get warm.

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

With the saturated grounds and more heavy storms coming Tuesday- Fri , all we need is a strong TS to really damage some things this summer. Interesting as 1938 had a lot of rain prior to the hit 

For the first time in years I have to agree with you on the cane threat this year.

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol Stratus and tipper have been very close this week. I cleaned out the tipper Wednesday when I changed the battery.  Pretty funny watching a yellow finch riding the anemometer cups like a merry go round this morning. Full day of binging season 7 of Bosch in store. Tomorrow at least I can grill, and clean the pool where I can go to get warm.

Huge discrepancy yesterday. Wonder if I need a new tipper or have to calibrate it. I have a more classic rain gauge to compare with Davis, but should order a stratus. 

Either way, no need to calibrate today. Shitty all around.

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

I saw that. Get the fire hose going and even the folks in Maine won't be complaining about lack of rain.

0.04" since 7 AM yesterday, all coming by 9 AM.  Constant mist since about 3 PM yesterday has failed to crack the 0.01" threshold.  Crummy cloudy cool with just enough moisture to keep grass and foliage wet while the garden soil gets drier, about as contrary wx as I could imagine.  Veggie leaves mildewing while their roots are drying out?  Total of 3.12" May 1 forward, 33% of average.
It's only weather.  :rolleyes:

• Haha 1