snowfan

February 10-12 event obs

2 minutes ago, SnowCane said:

Once precip starts, I generally avoid models because I don't need that negativity in my life.  On jeb walks I never look at the radar either, for that same reason.  Sleet/Snow mix in Gaithersburg. 

Just tough not to look, especially when it is modeled as on and off wintry precip for 48 hours

• Like 1

He's a good boy! JK

It is snowing pretty well just north of MD/PA border..returns look decent

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sleet and rain mix turned to sleet a bit out 522N north of winchester, and to snow right at Shawnee springs Market.   Not dendrites, but is snowing here.  Ground is white and roads are covered.  Night and day vs. Winchester. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EHoffman said:

Au contraire, Ji is one of the only reasons I occasionally read this board.

That's some scary S right there...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Color me underwhelmed. Something is falling but not doing much. Darted outside and noticed its really raw. Still stuck at 34 degrees. But, I'll post these foggy pics for the geeks:

boxshot.jpg

tops.jpg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, EHoffman said:

Sure there is, who else am I gonna complain with in solidarity? 

35 and overcast here, to stay on topic

Haha fair enough. Just got back inside from a walk and it started raining. So the people who were on the ledge for getting fringed can at least come back inside.Just got back inside from a walk and it started raining. So the people who were on the ledge for getting fringed can at least come back inside.

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

Confirm legit light snow underway here now - sidewalks and roads a quick cave

My part of the city decent sized flakes...don't think the street/sidewalks caved yet!

• Like 3

definitely a battle zone here.  dews look better from north moco towards ellicott/north bmore.  hopefully the heavier precip can do its work.

48 minutes ago, EHoffman said:

Anyone else in DC already upset by precip fringing us?  Cause I'm totally not..........

I never get emotional over snow. I love it, but its only a big deal here because we have a dramatic climate.

Hardest snow yet. Nice, steady snow. Bordering on moderate. It's trying to completely cave the sidewalks and driveway but they aren't giving it up easily! Not sure when roads will start to cave. They salted the hell out of my neighborhood today.

• Like 1