Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 10-12 event obs

snowfan

4 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

Welp all of my optimism just got crushed. We had heavy sleet and everyone was reporting a flip to snow up north...so I go to check again and we're back to light rain. Just getting destroyed with bad luck. 

It's pretty unbelievable how bad the past 3 years have been. Doesn't look like any improvement coming either. 

7 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

Where are you? Your tag says Union Bridge. Should be snowing there right? 

Definitely snowing at home in union bridge. I drove to mount Saint Mary’s in emmitsburg to get my kid from school. He gets his second Covid vaccine shot here at home tomorrow so I had to trek through the storm. Took the f150.

I was just making an OBS about the radar is all. 

2 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

It's pretty unbelievable how bad the past 3 years have been. Doesn't look like any improvement coming either. 

Yeah I'm seriously starting to realize how ungrateful I was while in NYC. This is just...Wow. I grew up in Ellicott City and didn't viscerally understand how bad it was just 20 miles south until experiencing it for myself. 

• Like 1

Just now, jayyy said:

Definitely snowing at home in union bridge. I drove to mount Saint Mary’s to get my kid from school. He gets his second Covid vaccine shot here at home tomorrow so I had to trek through the storm. Took the f150. 

I was just making an OBS about the radar is all. 

To get him from college? And damn are you driving back to night or hanging it up there for the night? Be careful!

3 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

Yeah I'm seriously starting to realize how ungrateful I was while in NYC. This is just...Wow. I grew up in Ellicott City and didn't viscerally understand how bad it was just 20 miles south until experiencing it for myself. 

The years you mentioned you were in nyc were also very cold in dc and snowy. 

Just now, Wetbulbs88 said:

To get him from college? And damn are you driving back to night or hanging it up there for the night? Be careful!

Yessir. Thomas started the second semester of his freshman year 2 weeks ago. He had to wait to come home until tonight due to his class / track schedule. He runs D1 track and field for the mount! (Proud dad) Had no choice but to drive back. Not to worry - the f150 with giant snow tires can handle this for sure. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic