Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 10-12 event obs

snowfan

34 minutes ago, jayyy said:

Is it me... or does the radar seem to just be reloading and not really progressing East at all? Seems like QPF numbers are going to bust awfully low in central MD. I don’t see moisture shutting off for at least another 6 hours. There is heavy precip and heavy convection all the way back to Arkansas lol 

We got all this moisture we are happily sending northeast-bound up to you as SNOW!

Get those shovels ready!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, jayyy said:

Is it me... or does the radar seem to just be reloading and not really progressing East at all? Seems like QPF numbers are going to bust awfully low in central MD. I don’t see moisture shutting off for at least another 60 hours. There is heavy precip and heavy convection all the way back to Arkansas lol 

Fixed.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zdudswx said:

Moderate snow that’s sticking fast and piling up. Baltimore/Columbia/Glen Burnie are in a perfect spot. Bands keep forming to our west. Could easily see 6”+ if it keeps up.

Saw some great cam footage from Columbia a bit earlier. Rooting for y’all down that way.  

• Like 1

Most in this area should verify warning totals. Looks like ellicott city into Catonsville is getting pummeled

PS - that heavy precip train coming from WVA / KY is showing little sign of relenting. This reminds me of boundary setups in the summer that often give us thunderstorms and 1+“ of QPF. @Bob Chill nailed this one  

626619E6-F170-4B8C-8AD8-8B082D79DB0C.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Would be really funny if this is what breaks the Baltimore City warning drought, lol

Downtown BAL right along the bay I guess may not hit 6”, but I’d be pretty shocked if places just outside didn’t. Idk. Radar looks real juicy still. Maybe I’m misreading it, but I don’t see the stream of heavy banding ravaging central MD shutting down any time soon.  

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

It appears to be wrapping up here in Anne Arundel county.  Temp never went below 32.8 and there was only a coating of snow, not all pavement ever became covered.  Rain and snow battleground.

It looks like precip hole moving in and that’s all she wrote for this.  I don’t remember reading that this area would lose out to temps, so it’s a bust here.  

• Like 1

11:00 pm — 1”

3:45:  am —- 3.5”

still moderate snow. Not a breath of wind. Snow plastered to everything. Pretty sure looking at radar that we get warning level snow verified here in my hood without a warning  to break the drought which is cosmically hilarious. 

appear to be breaking our bad luck run at lest for my hood with a whole bunch of unlikely luck —- namely, off top of my head, cashing in on a narrow band of good snow returns, started at 8:00 pm and fell during overnight , important because it was just under 32 here and needed all the help we could get to hold snow and not mix, and long fetch of snow with enough duration to make this work.

bizarre. 

only pause is this was such a narrow win, frustrated that rest of our mid -Atlantic crew in forum didn’t cash in too.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ovechkin said:

Best, most awesome overrunning rain in early Feb ever!

Sounds like you may need to come join the dark side in the northern tier if you want to stop experiencing so much heartbreak in marginal setups. Marginal just doesn’t cut it in DC as of late :( Hope you all  can cash in on round 2

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jayyy said:

Sounds like you may need to come join the dark side in the northern tier if you want to stop experiencing so much heartbreak in marginal setups. Marginal just doesn’t cut it in DC as of late :( Hope you all  can cash in on round 2

Thanks- but not a snowball’s chance in DCA we get anything in round 2. Or 3 or 4. 

• Like 1

Just now, CAPE said:

Essentially a 4 hour event there. Didn't really get going until around 11pm, got way more sleet than snow, and it hasn't been doing anything significant since 330 am lol.

An inch or so of frozen stuff out there. Looks like winter at least.

Dang! Was hoping to hear that you cashed in over there. Seems like cold air had an easier time making it’s way into north / central Maryland than it did along the coast or in NoVA. Quite the interesting setup. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic