• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    zurn
    Newest Member
    zurn

February 10-12 event obs

2 minutes ago, jayyy said:

Ah ha! Can no longer hear the snow falling - some better dendrites falling. Radar to the west looks juicy 

That’s good, my graupel has turned into a snowy mist. Very weird lol

Just now, EHoffman said:

If you haven't been on the ledge in DC since yesterday morning you haven't been paying attention

I just ate a chip that was shaped like Alfred Hitchcock.  Blew my mind.  32 and moderate darkness. 

• Haha 5
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, EHoffman said:

If you haven't been on the ledge in DC since yesterday morning you haven't been paying attention

So angry, so absolute, so certain. 

Meanwhile sleet and freezing rain are right on our doorstep, with wet bulbs crashing south. And I’m not paying attention? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

0.50” of sleety snow accumulation after 3 hours of precip.  Now finally seeing all dendrites as rates increase.  29 degrees.

Prime time starting for you. Should be a paste job of sorts. There will most likely be some overnight suprise jackpots. No idea where but your area is looking good

• Like 2

What's with that blob of heavy precip sinking ESE as it heads toward us out of the midwest?  Seems like it's running further south than modeled.  

4 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

So angry, so absolute, so certain. 

Meanwhile sleet and freezing rain are right on our doorstep, with wet bulbs crashing south. And I’m not paying attention? 

I've lived here for 30 years and been through enough storms in this city that I can see the writing on the wall.

• Like 2

Still just very light snow but some parts of the driveway and sidewalk are starting to cave.

One thing I really like about my new house is my driveway is a little elevated and seems to cave pretty quickly, and my street also seems to cave pretty quickly as well. Not sure if I'm just in some weird cold spot or what.

4 minutes ago, EHoffman said:

I've lived here for 30 years and been through enough storms in this city that I can see the writing on the wall.

Shrug. I guess there’s no point being on here then. 

• Like 1

Dropped to 31. Light sleet. Sticking to driveway (cement) and patio. Gonna be a lil crusty
When are we supposed to change to snow?
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

0.50” of sleety snow accumulation after 3 hours of precip.  Now finally seeing all dendrites as rates increase.  29 degrees.

No more sleet here.  Nice mod/hvy snow right now....like you said, all dendrites. 

Based on radar extrapolation dc may have a chance if it would just be cold enough for snow. Its always something

1 minute ago, Ji said:
6 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:
Dropped to 31. Light sleet. Sticking to driveway (cement) and patio. Gonna be a lil crusty

Prob as soon as heavier returns start. Soundings look fine to me. 

2 minutes ago, Ji said:
7 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Check the models, they have great lately. Actually, the short term models have been spot on, I just refuse to believe them when they they torch my snowstorms.

1 minute ago, Baltimorewx said:

If anyone cares about models anymore, the NAMs continue to look very good for the Winchester to Baltimore corridor 

Once precip starts, I generally avoid models because I don't need that negativity in my life.  On jeb walks I never look at the radar either, for that same reason.  Sleet/Snow mix in Gaithersburg. 

• Like 1