Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

49 minutes ago, finatic jason said:

Former NE Baltimore City(35 years born and raised).....relocated to FL a few years ago. Still enjoy following and watching. 58 here lol. In-laws were supposed to leave tomorrow to drive down from Kingsville but delaying their trip until after the storm. Rooting for Y’all to catch a good one.I’ll be following Obs from the boat tomorrow :)

I’m in Kingsville as well - born and raised. Hoping this will be a good one!! 

Not sure about the extreme dryslot and significantly north trend on the NAMs but they aren't budging with the general idea and it's similar to a number of past events. I certainly dont want it to happen but if it is, get it out of the way tonight and let every model do it. 

The consolation prize would be some extra juice on the front. Not mad at that at all. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, caviman2201 said:

Microclimates are always interesting. I remember when I was commuting attending UMBC but living at home with my folks in Mt. Airy. I'd leave school and it would be raining and 36 and as I drove out Rt. 70 it would get progressively more wintery as I drove. I always loved that.

Nothing comes close to the microclimates in San Fran though. 

Even within Eastern Loudoun, there are little micro climates. Very consistently, going from 400ft on belmont Ridge to the airport at 300ft, there's a difference. Not so much noticeable right after the snow stops, but definitely noticeable after a few days once the snow starts to melt. Very common for snow to hang on in the shadows at 400ft while it's about gone at 300ft, 5 miles away, a week after the storm. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Don't know about you guys but I need reasons for suppression worry to come back STAT

I know you’re kidding but that wouldn’t help. That’s the last thing we need. That would squash the WAA wave and still wouldn’t help with the coastal.  Might even make it phase and amplify slower and end up OTS for everyone.  Our problems lie in the typical miller b transfer problems. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ji said:
7 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:
Ehh rgem isn’t the NAM but it shifted the ccb northeast quite a bit. Still decent DC northeast but not close to the last few and the trend is troubling. 

Wow the most snowy model caving to the least snowy model

It’s over Ji. Just another 4-6” snow out this way. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic