Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, Hoth said:

Digging the timing here. Onset predawn with a ramp through the day. Reminds me of Jan '96 in that respect.

NWS hitting the winds quite a bit in their statements.  Introducing the Blizzard like conditions wording in the warnings/watches. The possibility is there for this to morph into a blizzard for many. 

13 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

SWC is bumping to 12-16” WCT. 8-12” WMA and into the CTRV. 12-16” EMA where it stays all/mostly snow and points NE into SWME.

Sounds good...would love to see that pivot area shift a bit to the east at 12z/18z. I worry that 6-10 hour burst underwhelms then we go over to sleet and freezing drizzle with some snow showers and 33 on Tuesday. 

I am still expecting the last minute NE tick that usually screws us, hopefully it helps us the time

3 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Sounds good...would love to see that pivot area shift a bit to the east at 12z/18z. I worry that 6-10 hour burst underwhelms then we go over to sleet and freezing drizzle with some snow showers and 33 on Tuesday. 

I am still expecting the last minute NE tick that usually screws us, hopefully it helps us the time

That’s what the euro shows, yea. I still think we grab a foot in that instance. Agree...if we can tick this east over the next 24hrs, we grab the 16”.

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Holliston and Methuen may lose all their trees. 

We better not get another Mar 7-8, 2018. I had like 12-13” of absolute spackle and lost power for 3 days. 

My gut tells me this may end up closer to like a 29-30F snow here for a lot of it. Maybe the last few hours of the firehose go to 32-33 but hoping by then we have dropped enough dry snow that a few inches of paste at the end won’t be destructive. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

We better not get another Mar 7-8, 2018. I had like 12-13” of absolute spackle and lost power for 3 days. 

My gut tells me this may end up closer to like a 29-30F snow here for a lot of it. Maybe the last few hours of the firehose go to 32-33 but hoping by then we have dropped enough dry snow that a few inches of paste at the end won’t be destructive. 

Someone is getting big paste. Maybe Foxboro/Walpole area.

Man, up here if that second low in the Gulf of Maine can get going fast enough, that's a nice look throwing snow well back this way.

The initial band with the warm front looks like 3-6" on most models... up here the getting bigger amounts will be determined by how much that second low can throw back.

ecmwf-deterministic-neng-t850_mslp_prcp6hr-2321200.thumb.png.102629a207ef6e9ce21c60514db0cba0.png

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Someone is getting big paste. Maybe Foxboro/Walpole area.

Yes agreed. My gut is that it is closer to water than 495 belt. Like I could see that 128 stretch from Newton down to Canton and then south to Easton/Mansfield being a trouble spot for that. 

Even your ‘hood might be a really bad spot for power grid issues. Like even if you get “only” 8 inches of snow, it could be 7 to 1 mashed potatoes or something. 

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Man, up here if that second low in the Gulf of Maine can get going fast enough, that's a nice look throwing snow well back this way.

The initial band with the warm front looks like 3-6" on most models... up here the getting bigger amounts will be determined by how much that second low can throw back.

ecmwf-deterministic-neng-t850_mslp_prcp6hr-2321200.thumb.png.102629a207ef6e9ce21c60514db0cba0.png

The purely synoptic stuff doesn’t even matter for you...even if you get zero on the WCB (which won’t happen, you’ll get several minimum), you get upslope farts for like 48 hours after that...just wringing out the leftover synoptic moisture thrown around the backside.