Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Could definitely see that.  Soundings show a pretty good couplet of DGZ and lift given that the DGZ looks to be 600-750mb level around these parts.... right in line with that ML lift.

Maybe you get lucky in one of those rotting, spiral deffy bands as this unravels a bit. Those are always fun. It's doing very little around you and then a narrow area 10 miles wide has like 1/2SM fluff for several hours. 

27 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah normally you’d get a huge deform band from that track...only issue is that the low is pretty occluded by the time it gets there. It does try and get rejuvenated a bit though so there might be a reintensification of  the banding. But even if there isn’t, you’ll prob get like 30 to 1 ratios there from a rotting 15-20 dbz ML band, lol. I fully expect you to be posting radar shots and saying “can’t believe how hard it is nuking under this 15-20 dbz stuff!!! It’s stacking up like arctic fluff lake effect!”

Probably before I even see a flake, too. LOL

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

The paper matters :P 

Seriously though, it’s always great to get a region wide event. It’s good to see everyone happy. Now if it’s a scramble to get sloppy seconds, the knives will come out.

Loving your area more and more for this one. I think our numbers will come up across the board in our final now that we have more consensus. You’re right on the cusp of a crusher. 

Paper does matter yes. If we can push this a bit more east over next 24hrs to put wct into 16+ and slide the 12+ east that would be ideal lol.

I see a rainstorm on the horizon
set under a black cloud that hides the sun.
bring me my rain gauge and clear understanding.
bring me my coat for rain as a talisman.
get down to the basement through the cellar-door below.
take women and children and give them buckets.
Bring me my rain gauge and clear understanding.
bring me my coat for rain as a talisman.
bless with a sump pump those who surround me.
bless the women and children who bail the flood.
put our backs to the sideways rain. hold fast by the patio door.
sweet snow memories to drive us on for the start of spring.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They always do. There were folks on Thursday saying it was 5-6 days out. I just didn’t get that . It always looked like it was after midnight Sunday to Tuesday night deal.. especially south of 90

not sure it goes till tuesday night, most of the snow is done by 8 am tuesday here, but maybe we get lucky

edit: i do see that light snow lingers into later tuesday so technically you are right