Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

30 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Just deleted a bunch of the politics posts from last couple pages. 

Ya’ll need to go somewhere else to discuss. 

Please keep that Pats suck posts though. Having suffered as division opponents for so many years, it’s a little bit of comfort during troubling times. :D

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, alex said:

There's a pack of coyote howling insanely behind my house. Will never get used to that. So creepy

That happened in the woods behind my house last fall...2am and they were going nuts. It sounded more like a feeding frenzy or something rather than long howls. It was really creepy though.

33 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That happened in the woods behind my house last fall...2am and they were going nuts. It sounded more like a feeding frenzy or something rather than long howls. It was really creepy though.

I've heard that twice here in the last two weeks. It is creepy AF. I thought it was a feeding frenzy too. Definitely gets your attention.

24 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I've heard that twice here in the last two weeks. It is creepy AF. I thought it was a feeding frenzy too. Definitely gets your attention.

Ive heard it a couple times in the woods across from my house, Im pretty sure thats when they attack an animal for their midnight snack. Howls now and then are bad enough but that frenzy is freaky.

5 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

I love coyotes!

I've only seen them twice on the mountain, but one was really close on a hiking trail coming down towards me.  They are so skittish though and my one observation was how nimble the thing was in close quarters... this is no domesticated dog lol.  He pretty much went straight up a good sized ledge when he came around the corner and saw me, in full flight mode.  Mangy looking thing but very cool.

The other one I saw crossing the Nosedive ski trail in the spring with some animal in its mouth.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I've only seen them twice on the mountain, but one was really close on a hiking trail coming down towards me.  They are so skittish though and my one observation was how nimble the thing was in close quarters... this is no domesticated dog lol.  He pretty much went straight up a good sized ledge when he came around the corner and saw me, in full flight mode.  Mangy looking thing but very cool.

The other one I saw crossing the Nosedive ski trail in the spring with some animal in its mouth.

The one's I seen around here are healthy looking, I saw a coyote pup cross the road one day, they are skittish, he took off once he saw me.

Feels good that we have a Guy like Klaus Schwab as the founder of the World economic Forum. Very ambitious Group. Extremely well funded and connected. The W.E.F's call for a Great reset of capitalism (using  Covid/ Climate Change/ and Cabron free goals by 2030, and Inequality and sort of twisting them all for effect  are the pillars of this very straight forward plan) look up his book on amazon (titled The great reset) ..... This man is very ambitious and may not be successful thou you would be fascinated by just taking a look at his words and speeches. The Build Back Better plan is very close to the initiatives in the Great reset book.  Again don't throw the baby out with the bathwater and just take a peek at this fella

His latest thoughts lol

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, mreaves said:

They are an amazing, adaptable animal.  It's too bad they are so hated by a lot of people. 

I think in more rural areas they are not much of an issue given more food sources. They have made their way back into more populated areas and family pets make easy meals. There are a couple documentaries on European cities that have specifically introduced them and foxes to deal with rats. Coyotes are really thriving in Chicago due to the rats.

There is one notorious coyote in our town that I have spotted once. I thought it was a German Shepherd at first but it was definitely not. Absolutely massive. I have come across a few folks with the same story that insist it is a grey wolf that was found and relocated to the Prescott Peninsula but managed to find its way off. Got to love town myths. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PowderBeard said:

I think in more rural areas they are not much of an issue given more food sources. They have made their way back into more populated areas and family pets make easy meals. There are a couple documentaries on European cities that have specifically introduced them and foxes to deal with rats. Coyotes are really thriving in Chicago due to the rats.

There is one notorious coyote in our town that I have spotted once. I thought it was a German Shepherd at first but it was definitely not. Absolutely massive. I have come across a few folks with the same story that insist it is a grey wolf that was found and relocated to the Prescott Peninsula but managed to find its way off. Got to love town myths. 

Yeah I thought the one I ran into hiking was an unkempt German Sheppard that got away from his owner... until you see no collar, the burrs in the hair and how skinny it really is and the fact that the German Sheppard looking canine just scaled a 30 foot ledge like it was hoping up onto an owners couch, lol.

• Like 1

We have coyotes all over and now a bald eagle in the hood. Not really what you expect here, but I suppose limited woods, a nearby pond and a bay with brackish water, make it attractive to different wildlife. I mean I look out my window and see deer galloping down the street sometimes..lol. No bears or moose yet!