• Member Statistics

    16,626
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    donyewest
    Newest Member
    donyewest
    Joined
Baroclinic Zone

Fall Banter and General Discussion

Recommended Posts

I see Vermont is on Massachusetts quarantine list now. Hawaii is all that’s left.

If I’m not mistaken, there are other states that have lower percentages than Massachusetts. At this point these 2 week quarantine orders or negative test are ridiculous. There aren’t too many states left with those orders in place. And the few that do say it’s voluntary. I think maybe Maine and Vermont have a mandatory and/or penalty associated with it. Things change so fast I can’t keep up. But all these states need to do away with it. It’s not helping anything that I can see and it just costs people money to test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I see Vermont is on Massachusetts quarantine list now. Hawaii is all that’s left.

If I’m not mistaken, there are other states that have lower percentages than Massachusetts. At this point these 2 week quarantine orders or negative test are ridiculous. There aren’t too many states left with those orders in place. And the few that do say it’s voluntary. I think maybe Maine and Vermont have a mandatory and/or penalty associated with it. Things change so fast I can’t keep up. But all these states need to do away with it. It’s not helping anything that I can see and it just costs people money to test.

New York and Mass have financial penalties associated with them I think.  Mass is $500 per day that you don’t quarantine after travel.  New York’s is worse I think.  Vermont doesn’t have a penalty and that’s been the issue all along.  Like trying to set a speed limit on a highway but with no penalty if you go over the limit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was sad when Kevin was sad I was seeking relief-but maybe I misinterpreted it..  one thing I misread was the dosing- definitely overdid it but can’t say it wasn’t fun.  And my head is still quiet.

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, weathafella said:

I was sad when Kevin was sad I was seeking relief-but maybe I misinterpreted it..  one thing I misread was the dosing- definitely overdid it but can’t say it wasn’t fun.  And my head is still quiet.

 

Did you suddenly feel the need to put on a reel to reel and crank some Santana?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Did you suddenly feel the need to put on a reel to reel and crank some Santana?

Lol...we were out for a walk and I was sure I saw 2 people with a dog out ahead but alas, it was 2 posts and a hydrant.  I feel like it’s so much easier to metabolize vs alcohol which I almost never have these days save for crown the night of 10/29...lol.

Another thing no one told me about....was eating lunch with our daughter and 12 year old nephew one day and he blurts out-“I really love it when it snows-everything changes and no matter what I feel happy.”   Wife and daughter have looks on their face staring at me with eyes wide open!  When his mom came I castigated her for never telling me!  So there’s another weenie in the muthufukking house here in Chicagoland!  I told him I’d put him on the text alert list for when snow comes so he can store up on sleep.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I had my doubts about him this year, but 19 straight including 2 game winners have proven me wrong

After his first couple horrible misses this year i thought he would be cut, But he's been very consistent since, Good thing because our QB sucks, Never cared for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, dryslot said:

After his first couple horrible misses this year i thought he would be cut, But he's been very consistent since, Good thing because our QB sucks, Never cared for him.

He's worse than I thought he'd be, Cam that is, Folk is better than I thought. Could be 7-4 or 4-7 this year with a play here or there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DavisStraight said:

He's worse than I thought he'd be, Cam that is, Folk is better than I thought. Could be 7-4 or 4-7 this year with a play here or there.

Cam is so inaccurate. Plus, their receiving core is atrocious, no TE.   Poor play calling by Josh.   Surprised they have won 5       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Cam is so inaccurate. Plus, their receiving core is atrocious, no TE.   Poor play calling by Josh.   Surprised they have won 5       

No touch on the football, Always a missile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Cam is so inaccurate. Plus, their receiving core is atrocious, no TE.   Poor play calling by Josh.   Surprised they have won 5       

Yet, as bad as he's been they've been in every game til the end but the San Fran game. Weird year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Amazing photo Chris.  You can see the rabbit clearly

Thanks Dave! I was a little shocked to see the pictures when I got home.  No tripod, so I used the roof of the car and a book to prop the camera at the proper angle.  
I’ve got a few even crisper but haven’t processed or cropped them yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So now if kids or teachers test cov neg, they still have to quarantine for two weeks. Wth! That's not saying.much about the test accuracy. Why does it seem we're moving backwards with some of these policies? All weekend all I heard when the tv was on was msm bitching about the spike increase bound to happen since all "those" people who showed up at the airport are going to make this way worse. More talk about how you have to perfectly time a cov test to make sure you're truly neg, otherwise you better stay in your basement. Damned if you try to do the right thing and damned if you don't.

  • Weenie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

So now if kids or teachers test cov neg, they still have to quarantine for two weeks. Wth! That's not saying.much about the test accuracy. Why does it seem we're moving backwards with some of these policies? All weekend all I heard when the tv was on was msm bitching about the spike increase bound to happen since all "those" people who showed up at the airport are going to make this way worse. More talk about how you have to perfectly time a cov test to make sure you're truly neg, otherwise you better stay in your basement. Damned if you try to do the right thing and damned if you don't.

You know as well as I do that if you test negative one day, you won't test positive in subsequent days.  The best course of action if your exposed to someone who is known to be positive, is to quarantine yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

You know as well as I do that if you test negative one day, you won't test positive in subsequent days.  The best course of action if your exposed to someone who is known to be positive, is to quarantine yourself.

Yeah in theory, what if you got exposed that day in the morning, tested in the aftn...but was negative? I feel like you may not have enough load to test positive yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

You know as well as I do that if you test negative one day, you won't test positive in subsequent days.  The best course of action if your exposed to someone who is known to be positive, is to quarantine yourself.

That may make sense when you know for certain you've been near/exposed to someone who is positive. But what about instances like airport terminals where you'll never know if you've been exposed, but you get a test anyways and are neg and then go about your life. What I am questioning is in those instances where you test neg, despite being potentially exposed, are you supposed to shack up for 2 weeks? A lot of people were flooding to test centers early last week prior to traveling, presumably doing the right thing by making sure they were neg before going to grammy's house, realizing one can never be 100% certain of the test result. Now the media will chastise all of those travelers for doing what they thought was the right thing when/if cases spike. It's a no win situation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

That may make sense when you know for certain you've been near/exposed to someone who is positive. But what about instances like airport terminals where you'll never know if you've been exposed, but you get a test anyways and are neg and then go about your life. What I am questioning is in those instances where you test neg, despite being potentially exposed, are you supposed to shack up for 2 weeks? A lot of people were flooding to test centers early last week prior to traveling, presumably doing the right thing by making sure they were neg before going to grammy's house, realizing one can never be 100% certain of the test result. Now the media will chastise all of those travelers for doing what they thought was the right thing when/if cases spike. It's a no win situation

They did the correct/right thing by being tested prior to traveling.  If people don't think they were exposed to the virus to some degree at these airport terminals, then they're naive.  They should be quarantining upon return though.  Maybe not for 2 weeks but I would be waiting several days and get a test to see if I had any level of virus.  The media is going to do what they want for viewership.  At some point we need to take accountability for our own actions to keep ourselves and others at a reduced risk of contracting and spreading the virus.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

They did the correct/right thing by being tested prior to traveling.  If people don't think they were exposed to the virus to some degree at these airport terminals, then they're naive.  They should be quarantining upon return though.  Maybe not for 2 weeks but I would be waiting several days and get a test to see if I had any level of virus.  The media is going to do what they want for viewership.  At some point we need to take accountability for our own actions to keep ourselves and others at a reduced risk of contracting and spreading the virus.

I wish my wife wasn't flying right now. She's heading back to logan tomorrow for her next 2 day trip. Sometimes she's only home a few days before she has to leave again. I feel like it's inevitable she's going to get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.