Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

4 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

While you may not, there are many more high risk people that are and will be. 

That's fine for them, but I'm all set being a guinea pig this early in the game. If after awhile  it looks good...by all means put the needle in my fanny...or wherever they do it, 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

That's fine for them, but I'm all set being a guinea pig this early in the game. If after awhile  it looks good...by all means put the needle in my fanny...or wherever they do it, 

Yea I will wait for full peer review and how long the immunity will last. No sense getting shots if it only lasts less than 6 months.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea I will wait for full peer review and how long the immunity will last. No sense getting shots if it only lasts less than 6 months.

My bet is that is probably how long the efficacy will end up being.  I see Covid as a more virulent strain of the Influenza virus and that vaccine lasts around that long as well.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Oh if it looks safe, I'll take it even if only for  months. Read the CNBC article. It does look promising. Lets hope.

• Like 2

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Oh if it looks safe, I'll take it even if only for  months. Read the CNBC article. It does look promising. Lets hope.

Don’t want to jump the gun obviously, but there are doctors out there that say it may very well be good.

Probably the best news we’ve gotten since this started nearly 10 months ago.

Seeing some possible timelines for vaccinations if things prove good to go.... healthcare first responders early next year and the rest of the general public from March on.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It just seems like the bulk clean up progresses faster with a rake and tarp.  It’s the secondary pick up that becomes a PIA with a rake.  Of course I’m not using a Husqavana pro series either so I’m sure a higher HP is faster and more efficient.  
Maybe next year I’m going to go up a level with a new blower.

Don't go small on a blower....I bought the biggest ECHO after dealing with a smaller one for years.....it went from a chore to something I enjoy and get a lot more done, a lot quicker.  Same thing with the old man.  He went from a little electric blower to a backpack gas and gets his done in a quarter of the time lol. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Don’t want to jump the gun obviously, but there are doctors out there that say it may very well be good.

Seeing some possible timelines for vaccinations if things prove good to go.... healthcare first responders early next year and the rest of the general public from March on.

It's impressive from a science standpoint too. Many companies are really busting their chops on getting something out there. If this proves safe and viable, it would destroy the normal timelines that a safe and useful vaccine is developed.

8 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Safety data out Next week. 

When we see the FDA Independent advisory board review this and not Pfizers we will have some extremely solid info

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Agree, the conjecture by some is strong.

Not trusting a big pharma corp that has had several lawsuits against them, rolled out some awful drugs in the past, and my dad worked for them before he passed...is not conjecturing. I’ll wait until an independent fda review approves any vaccine before I inject it. Just me though. 

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Agree. My dad worked for them. 

I did as well for 2 years.  First hand knowledge of their abysmal environmental disregard as well. Also that vaccine has to be kept at -70. There are few facilities able to large scale store- 70 degrees.  Very very good news but slow the roll seems smart

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I did as well for 2 years.  First hand knowledge of their abysmal environmental disregard as well. Also that vaccine has to be kept at -70. There are few facilities able to large scale store- 70 degrees.  Very very good news but slow the roll seems smart

Storage facility built in Maple Hollow?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Not trusting a big pharma corp that has had several lawsuits against them, rolled out some awful drugs in the past, and my dad worked for them before he passed...is not conjecturing. I’ll wait until an independent fda review approves any vaccine before I inject it. Just me though. 

There's a difference between a healthy dose of skepticism vs accusing them of rushing a drug to market without checks/balances.  Past history does not predict future outcomes or events.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Yeah I think I’ll be waiting as well, but I don’t like taking anything to begin with...even aspirin. 

I accidentally walked into the animal research area in 93 at Pfizer while conducting a Hazmat investigation and that has stuck with me forever. Maybe why I am so deeply devoted to dog rescue.  Seeing 10s of beagles in various stages of medical testing scarred me.

• Sad 3

Just now, OSUmetstud said:

It doesn't make sense imo for Pfizer to greatly exaggerate the efficacy data because they are going to be going in front of the vaccine advisory board and the fda very soon. Independent scientists and the public will be able to see the data and make an objective decision for an EUA. 

Does the data show that nobody in either the  40,000 person trial (placebo or vaccine) got a severe case of covid.