• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    shawanta003
    Newest Member
    shawanta003

Potential few SVR/FF events parts of NYC forum Wed-Thu 7/22-23/20

2 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Anyone have a radar shot from last night? The southern part of my county got a ton of rain overnight ! 

I took a loop centered on my location, but close enough to you to see much of it. 

• Thanks 1

It’s been a wild three days around my area. Can’t really complain much if i miss out the rest of the summer. 

Wednesday evening was probably some of the wildest lightning and thunder I have ever seen/heard

2.56 inches last night here in CNJ.  Other areas in Monmouth. Middlesex with 3 - 4 inches.  EWR getting clocked now.

• Like 1

Just now, uncle W said:

0.75" imby so far...radar shows a small cell moving down from the northern part of the island...

Just now, Allsnow said:

Look out Staten Island 

32 minutes ago, SACRUS said:

2.56 inches last night here in CNJ.  Other areas in Monmouth. Middlesex with 3 - 4 inches.  EWR getting clocked now.

Over 2" last hour at ewr. They're closing in on 10" for the month 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Over 2" last hour at ewr. They're closing in on 10" for the month 

Wow 

8 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Got it! Thank you. Your area got slammed! How much rain did you get? 

Got around 1.10" from last night's storms, and 1.33" for the day. 7.43" over the past 18 days. But couldn't buy a raindrop for the 30 days prior (0.35"). Summer rainfall is so fickle. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uncle W said:

raining hard...picked up about 0.40" so far...

Dammit clogged gage:angry:...cleaned it out not to long ago...it was filled almost 3/4 way up. Nearby gages tell me over 2" here total today.

Anybody looking for archived (or current) radar data, check out WeatherScope. It's not radarscope nor GRLevel but it's Free. Also, I attached my script that you can open in the program and be set up for the NYC metro area.

wxmap.wxscript

My last on this... thinking of when to start Tuesday topic-it may be tomorrow-timing is a big part of summer convection, but last night was different...I think in part due to all the low level convergence encouraging Friday morning's big storms (light northerly surface winds  to the north of the boundary and light south-southwest to the south).  I don't want to start Tuesdays topic so early that it weakens to standard run of the mill scattered shower/thunderstorm due to poor timing.  This weakening could happen even if the topic is delayed til Monday morning. 

Summary: here's the RFC 3 day multisensor totals...  from what I can tell, at least 4" in this conservative assessment. OKX RADARSCOPE Digital storm total for the period Tuesday evening to about 2PM today, showing 5-6" in yellow-red. There might be some hail contamination that falsely inflated the precip totals a bit.  I'm interested in ground truth totals for the entire 60-72 hours of 4+ inches. If none additional are posted, that is fine. We have to move forward.  Thanks. 225P/24 

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 2.06.26 PM.png

Screen_Shot_2020-07-24_at_2_17.18_PM.png