• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jason pottar
    Newest Member
    jason pottar

July 2020 Discussion

Man I'd gladly take the May heat when it was like 93-95F but with low dews over this 88/69 stuff.  Even the shade doesn't offer much relief in this air mass.

This is the classic upper 80s and humid New England air mass.  Not impressive highs but certainly more than high enough.

24 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Assuming I’m one of the 3 yes!  Just back from my mid day walk-nice and sweaty.

i did not know you where in that group.. 4 amigos then

Dew

DIT

Coastal

Fella

At least the Euro dumped the BDF next week....but it squashed the heat dome even more...now it just clips SNE with +20ish for a day or so. At least we get much better thunderstorm potential on that look. 

• Like 3

yeah...no dependability with that heat signal -

hard to say if that's just typical day 7+ follies, though obviously there is some of that in that sort of time range...  but this has been the seasonal tempo this year, to consummately put up those big warm signals and then watch the models cleverly dismantle them... 

watch us end up with a shot across the bow autumnal trough - in july no less..hahaha.  kidding but it seems continentally there is too much heat forcing out around 110 west to expect ridging east ...something like that... 

not surprised the Euro backed away from the bd though...it's done that, too, whenever the residual trough tries to move/fill NE and smear out it sees a 12 hour wind of mass in GOM and can't resist the geophysical feed-back in creating those. thing is, ...that's how they happen...so it's hard to 2nd guess - 

the 00z probably ridge bulges back some .. who knows how much. but we've been sloshing at large scales 00z's being warmer, for several days now.

1 hour ago, Bostonseminole said:

i did not know you where in that group.. 4 amigos then

Dew

DIT

Coastal

Fella

Scoot will be cryin’ for his momma after another couple days of this. He just has anni plans this weekend. It’s my anni too, but I’m cheering on rain. :devilsmiley:

1 hour ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Just spent last two days working outside in this. No thanks. When's winter?

Humidity chokes you so unless you’re doing a fun water  activity, it’s pretty worthless. The vast majority agrees. 

• Like 2

Managed to get 90 for a high here.  Down to 88/71 now.  I did a quick mowing of the front lawn at 1:30 (house hit the market today).  Was drenching sweat.  Had to take a shower before my next zoom meeting.

Heading up to Pit2 for the next few days.  Looks like I'll miss the rains.  I'll enjoy my 70's in any case.

33 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

AWT.. The door is shut. No surprise to most 

In fact, the CPC has the Northeast in a
moderate risk for excessive heat from Thursday onwards with the
NAEFS Situational Awareness Table showing temperatures in the
90th percentile from 700 to 1000mb.

They may be on the verge of significantly adjusting that threat assessment to a 'nah, never mind' status -

Looks like the opus in summer fake-outs by the models just made everyone a fool -

EPS punching the Pac jet across the N-Tier like that will ablate the ridge pancake meaningless with strafing MCS that probably even end up turning right before the get here.  We get a nothing ... for ever -

It's called the wah wah waahhhhhh pattern for summer enthusiast. Otherwise known as 'New England'

• Like 2

90F at TAN today.  Only 3rd day where it’s hit 90F this season.  Pretty subdued to have only hit 90F and nothing hotter.

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

At least the Euro dumped the BDF next week....but it squashed the heat dome even more...now it just clips SNE with +20ish for a day or so. At least we get much better thunderstorm potential on that look. 

are there any euro products for lapse rates? 

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

They may be on the verge of significantly adjusting that threat assessment to a 'nah, never mind' status -

Looks like the opus in summer fake-outs by the models just made everyone a fool -

EPS punching the Pac jet across the N-Tier like that will ablate the ridge pancake meaningless with strafing MCS that probably even end up turning right before the get here.  We get a nothing ... for ever -

It's called the wah wah waahhhhhh pattern for summer enthusiast. Otherwise known as 'New England'

Drinking ?

11 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

sweet thanks. 

I wonder if it's worth subscribing to weather.us rather than weathermodels

Probably not, but Joerg does have a lot of unique ecmwf images over there. Many are free.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1