• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Blue Moon
    Newest Member
    Blue Moon

July 2020 Discussion

78/70 at almost 10pm is pretty damn warm for here. The breeze feels nice, but mixing giveth and taketh.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

78/70 at almost 10pm is pretty damn warm for here. The breeze feels nice, but mixing giveth and taketh.

We had a low this morning of 73F... that's as warm as I can ever remember.  We always get into the 60s at the very least.  Always. 

The timing last night was perfect for a possibly record high min (?) with the approach of Fay.  Southerly flow of high pwat air out of the tropics?  The only way to mix the lowest levels around here is with the 30-50mph low level jet wind speeds recorded at the summits... especially with the speed max happening early morning when you'd hope for the diurnal bottom.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

We had a low this morning of 73F... that's as warm as I can ever remember.  We always get into the 60s at the very least.  Always. 

The timing last night was perfect for a possibly record high min (?) with the approach of Fay.  Southerly flow of high pwat air out of the tropics?  The only way to mix the lowest levels around here is with the 30-50mph low level jet wind speeds recorded at the summits... especially with the speed max happening early morning when you'd hope for the diurnal bottom.

Yup...or out ahead of a cold front, but usually we get the passage at some point overnight. Clouds tend to help keep it stirred as well.

Anyone experience a bright flash about 11:10 PM? Any reports of meteorites? Lit everything up as I was driving home. No storms in the area. Just lots of low clouds and some drizzle. And no I wasn’t drinking.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

71.3°

What a brutal night. Was still 75° at 2am. It feels a little better outside now with slightly lowering dews and the breeze. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

71.3°

What a brutal night. Was still 75° at 2am. It feels a little better outside now with slightly lowering dews and the breeze. 

Wonderful breeze all night, tropical. Feels less humid this morning 

15 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Wonderful breeze all night, tropical. Feels less humid this morning 

Breeze just kicked up sure feels good.

7 hours ago, dryslot said:

We finished here dead avg after the late season snow, 72.9"

We snuck up to within 5.5" of our average, thanks to 22" post-equinox, including the season's 2 biggest storms.

Near 70 this AM, very mild for here.  Only 7/19/2005 has recorded a 70+ minimum.  The day before was 69, also 9/8/99.  Nothing else above 68, and today's minimum will probably be about there.  Pleasant atm with a breeze but a high launch point for this afternoon.

Tues Wed. Thursday Friday the Euro has highs in the 70s here. Lows in the upper 50s Wed and Thursday before the reheat. Nice dew down this afternoon. Bluebird day. Get your tan on

Anyone experience a bright flash about 11:10 PM? Any reports of meteorites? Lit everything up as I was driving home. No storms in the area. Just lots of low clouds and some drizzle. And no I wasn’t drinking.

I saw it too. Looked at the radar and it was completely empty. I’m over in southeast NH. Was off to the west

50 minutes ago, tamarack said:

We snuck up to within 5.5" of our average, thanks to 22" post-equinox, including the season's 2 biggest storms.

Near 70 this AM, very mild for here.  Only 7/19/2005 has recorded a 70+ minimum.  The day before was 69, also 9/8/99.  Nothing else above 68, and today's minimum will probably be about there.  Pleasant atm with a breeze but a high launch point for this afternoon.

We got down to 68 last night here, Its going to be a warm one, The dews are already at 69, Looks like a pool day on tap.

8 hours ago, FRWEATHA said:

UFO?

54 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Tues Wed. Thursday Friday the Euro has highs in the 70s here. Lows in the upper 50s Wed and Thursday before the reheat. Nice dew down this afternoon. Bluebird day. Get your tan on

Sell sell sell and sell of lows in 50’s and highs in 70’s 4 days straight. Euro has been horrendous. Maybe the coast has a day near 80 Wednesday with SE flow but inland take the way way over 

42 minutes ago, Dan said:

I saw it too. Looked at the radar and it was completely empty. I’m over in southeast NH. Was off to the west

I went back and reviewed my webcam that has an unlimited view to the south through westsouthwest.  There was a flash at 1109:30pm.   It looked like distance lightning from my vantage point in Central NH

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

They’ll probably be cooler air later Tuesday into Wednesday as a low develops and N to NE winds ensue. 

Tag team intercontinental champions

I went back and reviewed my webcam that has an unlimited view to the south through westsouthwest.  There was a flash at 1109:30pm.   It looked like distance lightning from my vantage point in Central NH

There was a boom with it as well. Took a while to reach. I saw no other flashes but that one. Maybe there was a rogue lightning. Only storms at the time were in far western NH and southern Vermont, I believe