Weathernoob335
July 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

90F or higher maxes:

Burlington BTV leads with 12

Bradley Airport BDL has 10

Morrisville-Stowe Airport MVL has 9

Berlin Airport BML has 9

That is utterly insane from a climo standpoint.... just absolutely nuts.  Some summer's it is a legit struggle to get 1 day of 90F or higher at BML and MVL. 

@Dendrite or anyone else, can you find the average number of 90F+ days at these sites in a summer?  I was thinking like 3-4 on average? 

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

90F or higher maxes:

Berlin Airport BML has 9

That is utterly insane from a climo standpoint.... just absolutely nuts.  Some summer's it is a legit struggle to get 1 day of 90F or higher at BML and MVL. 

@Dendrite or anyone else, can you find the average number of 90F+ days at these sites in a summer?  I was thinking like 3-4 on average? 

This tool has some selectable options for different sites and days with high temps over 90

http://vt-data-fixture-nescaum-ccsc-dataservices.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/data-fixture/?c=Temp/stn/tx90/ANN/USH00431081/

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

90F or higher maxes:

Berlin Airport BML has 9

Average 3, median 4 at BML

4 and 4 for MVL.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

90F or higher maxes:

Berlin Airport BML has 9

Thanks, I hate it.

7 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Gotta say the Maine beach experience has got to be the most over valued destinations based on just how often they experience foggy awful weather..in comparison to S coastal beaches and their water is ice cold . I Imagine only folks w like a beach house “in the family” or grew up in that area and never enjoyed sunny beaches would rave about such a destination or book there ahead of time ? 

as a kid we vacationed in ME a lot. Booth Bay, Bar harbor. Have to say I dreaded those trips, long drive to a miserable, cold, cloudy, rocky place. never so happy to arrive home. :D though they would be more tolerable as an adult 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Average 3, median 4 at BML

4 and 4 for MVL.

Nice, that's exactly what I was thinking in that 3-4 range.  Some years you barely get 1 and other years you get 6-7.

But 9 of them already by July 10th with a hot pattern in place?  This is going to be ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Nice, that's exactly what I was thinking in that 3-4 range.  Some years you barely get 1 and other years you get 6-7.

But 9 of them already by July 10th with a hot pattern in place?  This is going to be ridiculous.

Closed it, but I think the max I saw was MVL with 12.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Thanks, I hate it.

And the higher elevations haven't escaped the departures, or even the temperatures.  If anything, the departures higher up in elevation have been even bigger.  This isn't steep low level lapse rate heat... it's just hot through the column.  The summits have been torching at high-level times since mid-May after that May 12th snowfall.

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Glad your all getting the high heat up in NNE.  I’ve doing just fine with 3 90F days since June 1st.

we soaked up in Bridgton.  Thinking we may pack up and leave later but will see how day evolves.

Radar looks pretty clen behind that band, but I don't know if you'll see much sun.  If it burns thru, tropical dews ensue.

2 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Glad your all getting the high heat up in NNE.  I’ve doing just fine with 3 90F days since June 1st.

we soaked up in Bridgton.  Thinking we may pack up and leave later but will see how day evolves.

I’ve had 1 90F day so far. ORH airport has had zero. Kind of crazy considering what has gone on in NNE.