• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Discussion

weatherwiz

Weird rubber bands snapping back and forth pattern we are in... couple frost threats for the cold hollows.

LONG TERM /SATURDAY NIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY/... As of 439 PM EDT Thursday...

Expecting frost potential across the Adirondacks region and Northeast Kingdom for the first day of June, as Monday morning will begin quite cool with core of coldest air settling in during this time period before a moderating trend begins. However, temperatures each day through Thursday will still run below normal for the time of year in dramatic contrast to our recent weather. On Monday night, light winds should promote good cooling, resulting in areas of frost again Tuesday morning.

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

You will probably wonder why you didn’t buy one a long time ago , especially if you like your pool closer to 78-79 degrees and not 68

That will add at least 8 degrees to your pool quickly 

Last year during the hot stretch the top layer was actually in the upper 90s cooler on the bottom odviously but with full sun they get hot!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

I saw 18c on 00z euro last night. Nothing screamed all time to me on that prog. 

I really am wondering if atmospheric scouring during/post/on-going industry suspension is allowing crucial insulation loading - I mean we could go thru the math but just wonderininin... some particulate mass in free air has an albedo .

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I really am wondering if atmospheric scouring during/post/on-going industry suspension is allowing crucial insulation loading - I mean we could go thru the math but just wonderininin... some particulate mass in free air has an albedo .

Or maybe it’s the poles flipping?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/magnetic-north-pole-to-siberia.html

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Last year during the hot stretch the top layer was actually in the upper 90s cooler on the bottom odviously but with full sun they get hot!

I like that they extend your pool season on each end , if it becomes 2 warm , don’t use em for a while ..pool water being 2 warm in New England is about 100x less frequent than 2 cool.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Time to Shut 'Em Down.  That's going to do it for the continuous snowpack season at the fabled Mansfield stake.

I went up with the dog to get today's reading and called it 3" though it becomes very tough this time of year.  Yesterday's record heat just absolutely eviscerated the remaining snow and the snowpack is now fractured with bare spots. 

It's really 0-24" up there but the official ruling is to go to a "Trace" once the snow no longer creates a full circle around the stake tree.  Today was certainly the last day for that as the little 1-2" bridge in front of the stake won't make it through tonight and certainly not through tomorrow.  So tomorrow will go down as a Trace.

One helluva impressive snowpack drop the past two weeks, but that's what 9 days averaging +14.1F will do.  Yesterday was a whopping +26.5 in the means.  Hard to pull daily means greater than +25 in the warm season.

100483676_10104196017598960_479708660970

100887082_10104196017559040_619445199036

May_28_stake.jpg.0d440a2eab9bef578124f81ab24568ed.jpg

I went hiking in the Adirondack high peaks on Monday and there was feet of snow still up there. I didn't think I would still need my microspikes. Made it quite difficult to get to the top. It was similar to mansfield with sporadic spots of feet and others with bare ground. Guess it depends on where the sun hit. Here is my dog up there.

cMc3XCa.jpg

OVIYUij.jpg

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I will be trying a "liquid pool cover." Anyone every tried one of those? My pool setup won't work with a solar cover really.

I had never heard of a liquid pool cover. Just googled it and watched a video. Pretty interesting. 

27 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Just get a pool heater....

My buddy's folks had one back in high school that we left on for a couple days.....thing was so warm.  The girls were loving it at the party.

I have one but the water evaporates at night and then I need to refill the pool all the time. First world problem, I know.

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You’ve had a rough couple of nights refusing to install. SMH. Maybe next time folks will listen to DIT

Slept great. I like the heat. Mid 60s dews are tolerable. This is mostly a slighty mixed overcast overnight torch. If it was clear it’d be low 60s right now. It’s not like I’m walking outside to a steamy sunny 72/72.

7 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I went hiking in the Adirondack high peaks on Monday and there was feet of snow still up there. I didn't think I would still need my microspikes. Made it quite difficult to get to the top. It was similar to mansfield with sporadic spots of feet and others with bare ground. Guess it depends on where the sun hit. Here is my dog up there.

cMc3XCa.jpg

OVIYUij.jpg

Nice pics,beautiful pup

• Like 3

8 hours ago, PhineasC said:

I will be trying a "liquid pool cover." Anyone every tried one of those? My pool setup won't work with a solar cover really.

Yeah tried it back before we got a heat exchanger pool heater. Can’t say it really did anything. My buddy next door got a solar cover and all it really managed to do was help him grow algae and it drove him nuts having to take it off/put it on all the time. Go with a heater if you want a warm pool in this climate.