Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Discussion

weatherwiz

6 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Do those work? 

I hope to find out.  I did some research and they help a little.  I doubt they add 10-15F like the manufacturer claims.   Several friends of ours use them and think they are worth it     I think they help more in stopping the pool from losing thermal energy at night

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I hope to find out.  I did some research and they help a little.  I doubt they add 10-15F like the manufacturer claims.   Several friends of ours use them and think they are worth it     I think they help more in stopping the pool from losing thermal energy at night

I had one and it worked really well. Then I also added a solar heater and the thing was cooking (this is when I lived in Mass). 

• Like 2

Had steady breeze here most of the day on the hill with overcast and even spit a few rain drops at times...did catch some breaks of sun a little while ago during dinner. Never sniffed 80F. Peaked at 76F. 

Nothing remotely hot/Sweltry about today. We take. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Had steady breeze here most of the day on the hill with overcast and even spit a few rain drops at times...did catch some breaks of sun a little while ago during dinner. Never sniffed 80F. Peaked at 76F. 

Dude I'm sweating my newly grown moobs off walking the dog..... Not sure where you live. 

Time to Shut 'Em Down.  That's going to do it for the continuous snowpack season at the fabled Mansfield stake.

I went up with the dog to get today's reading and called it 3" though it becomes very tough this time of year.  Yesterday's record heat just absolutely eviscerated the remaining snow and the snowpack is now fractured with bare spots. 

It's really 0-24" up there but the official ruling is to go to a "Trace" once the snow no longer creates a full circle around the stake tree.  Today was certainly the last day for that as the little 1-2" bridge in front of the stake won't make it through tonight and certainly not through tomorrow.  So tomorrow will go down as a Trace.

One helluva impressive snowpack drop the past two weeks, but that's what 9 days averaging +14.1F will do.  Yesterday was a whopping +26.5 in the means.  Hard to pull daily means greater than +25 in the warm season.

100483676_10104196017598960_479708660970

100887082_10104196017559040_619445199036

May_28_stake.jpg.0d440a2eab9bef578124f81ab24568ed.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Dude I'm sweating my newly grown moobs off walking the dog..... Not sure where you live. 

You prob need to move to Greenland if you are sweating profusely in this weather from just walking your dog. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

People going to be at home a lot this summer, let's hope it's a record HHH one so they can lounge outside and relax under sprinklers, pools, and misters while taking in sultry evenings on the porch or patio with family

One for the ages, Some will be able to tell there kids and grandkids about the summer of covid-19

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

My pool is prob around 60F by feel. I haven't put the thermo into it.  Big news though, we bought a solar blanket.

Now we need some sun

They work Dave, Dk blue will keep the heat in at night, Clear will heat during the day, Baby blue best of both worlds, My boys inground was 82F today when I was in it but they have a solar grid on the roof heating it as well but with nights being in the 30’s last week and the solar cover on the pool, They lost no pool temp at night.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Another, in a long line of torch fails.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It got so hot and dry it burned Corona to the ground?

Looks that way.

Monday will be mostly dry and cool. The GFS indicates higher levels
of moisutre between 925 and 850 mb. An isolated afternoon shower or
two are possible.

On Tuesday high pressure continues to remain in control with partly
sunny skies - followed by increasing evening clouds. A shortwave
moves out of the Great Lakes Region during the predawn hours of
Wednesday giving our next hit of scattered rain. While there are
still disagreements with the models, the better greater chance for
rain looks to arrive early Thursday morning. PWATs on Thursday range
from 1.5 to 2.0 inches.

&&
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

You will probably wonder why you didn’t buy one a long time ago , especially if you like your pool closer to 78-79 degrees and not 68

That will add at least 8 degrees to your pool quickly 

• Like 1