• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PerintonMan
    Newest Member
    PerintonMan

2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season

1 hour ago, ldub23 said:

slp33.pngThe real GFS basically  shows nothing considering peak is  going to be gone  soon. Shows yet another struggling storm. It does give more weight to my idea that  if there  is another  major this season it will recurve well east  of  bermuda. Atlantic still very  hostile but  i still think sept 20-oct  10 will have a chance of  2 well formed storms at the same time, then the season comes to an end. Even JB isnt tweeting about the atlantic. Wait, JB  just tweeted about  2 threats to the  US  next week.

Deja Vu all over again? http://Weatherbell.com looking at. 2 features not even x'd that we think could develop over the next 5 days and may impact US next week, Join us on the Raging weatherbull on http://weatherbell.com premium. Unlike Nana and Omar, could impact US

A recurving major would be fantastic (as a surfer) but not where I would look. The MDR off Africa has clearly been a mess this season. If and when the next major forms it’s likely to be closer to land. The OHC is out there, we just need a storm to enter an area of low shear and it’s off to the races. I wouldn’t rule out a cat 5 

Does anyone have any realistic ideas as to why the models have been so awful on genesis? Showing an El Nino-type year when we're already damn near exhausting the name list by Sept 4th?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Floydbuster said:

Does anyone have any realistic ideas as to why the models have been so awful on genesis? Showing an El Nino-type year when we're already damn near exhausting the name list by Sept 4th?

It is not just TC genesis that the models are having trouble with. I think that their accuracy on winter storms has declined as well. Long range forecasting while never great has almost gone totally off the rails. If i had to take a guess I would say that the models are not yet skilled enough to properly handle the pace  of global warming. Many of the analogs that are being used are based on a cooler planet overall than we have now.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Floydbuster said:

Just a thought, but all the storms  have  been very weak, even laura  for  a  long time. Maybe that  is a reason. And if they keep naming things  like  omar who knows how  many names, but  right  now the avg  is  3 ace  per storm. Ace  isnt  being  exhausted.

• Weenie 4

2 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

A recurving major would be fantastic (as a surfer) but not where I would look. The MDR off Africa has clearly been a mess this season. If and when the next major forms it’s likely to be closer to land. The OHC is out there, we just need a storm to enter an area of low shear and it’s off to the races. I wouldn’t rule out a cat 5 

Possible

• Weenie 4

1 hour ago, ldub23 said:

Possible

There  is  my possible  major  recurving  well east  of  bermuda.

slp33.png

• Weenie 4

11 minutes ago, ldub23 said:

There  is  my possible  major  recurving  well east  of  bermuda.

slp33.png

200 hours out

Dude said with a straight face a few hours ago that the peak would be gone soon. It’s September 4th lol. He’s been talking about an El Niño pattern in the Atlantic when that’s objectively wrong.

Complain about the lack of ACE and eye candy until the end of time, but miss me with that foolishness. If you’re going to troll the season, troll it properly please. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Dude said with a straight face a few hours ago that the peak would be gone soon. It’s September 4th lol. He’s been talking about an El Niño pattern in the Atlantic when that’s objectively wrong.

Complain about the lack of ACE and eye candy until the end of time, but miss me with that foolishness. If you’re going to troll the season, troll it properly please. 

Oh for sure, he’s a moron.  But I was talking about the social aspect of all of this. If you downplay storms people will turn on you. Its the wxmann91 rule. 

1 minute ago, the ghost of leroy said:

Oh for sure, he’s a moron.  But I was talking about the social aspect of all of this. If you downplay storms people will turn on you. Its the wxmann91 rule. 

We’re freaks.

Don’t come for my storms and don’t come for my snow. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That wave south of Hispanola is the one that the GFS Para was calling to become a hurricane to slam into the northeast earlier this week but then backed off.  It's got some spin to it already....

a8b987bf-395f-4a82-8b85-a5938dbcd02b.jpg

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

We’re freaks.

Don’t come for my storms and don’t come for my snow. 

They have been trolling a good 15-20 years if not longer

• Weenie 2

31 minutes ago, Floydbuster said:

Any idea why the waves are screwing around and not progressing westward?

I think for 91L it’s kinda disorganized and trapped in the monsoon trough. For newly established 92L I think that one is free and will be moving westward. Pretty far north.

A question that is important for GOM coast communities; is there much as far as future models for storms that pop up and become powerful storms that are not waves from Africa?

I know here in the Tampa Bay area, we've woken up to TDs that formed overnight just off the coast with a big surprise to many of us.

Waves off of Africa are tracked for a long time, but GOM storms are short notice. Right?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

You know nothing is going on since the last post is 10 hours ago lol

No complaints from this Palm Beach County homeowner

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Prospero said:

A question that is important for GOM coast communities; is there much as far as future models for storms that pop up and become powerful storms that are not waves from Africa?

I know here in the Tampa Bay area, we've woken up to TDs that formed overnight just off the coast with a big surprise to many of us.

Waves off of Africa are tracked for a long time, but GOM storms are short notice. Right?

Depends. Sometimes models can sniff out general disturbances or lower pressures in a region of the western Caribbean/Gulf. I've also seen invests pop up on the tail of a cold front. I'm not sure if models consider CCKW into their forecasts but I'd be surprised if we do not see an uptick in activity in this area 3rd week of Sept to mid Oct when a CCKW passes. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Weenie land 

gfs_mslpa_atl_58.png

Is the 1033 high moving to the East in this? If so, that would be a nice graze on the outer banks and then a strike in the Mid Atlantic.

19 minutes ago, TriPol said:

Is the 1033 high moving to the East in this? If so, that would be a nice graze on the outer banks and then a strike in the Mid Atlantic.

It just misses the coast

It looks like a pretty classic recurve to me. Eternity out though and the steering pattern looks pretty sensitive and complicated.

I know the MDR systems are the big dogs, but I’m always dubious of these long track systems that develop so far east. A lot of escape routes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1