• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring 2020 New England Banter & Random Obs

CapturedNature

Not a good look from some on here ganging up on @wxtrix or anyone else for that matter. Disagree with each other respectfully. Nobody has to prove their manhood on an internet weather forum. If you do, I feel sorry for you. I’ve been on this board (Easternwx before) since 2007. Some of the worst posting I’ve seen on this forum in 13 years in recent weeks.

Looking forward to the winter discussions. Hopefully the toxic attitudes change for the better by then. I miss the days when the villain of the thread was @Dr. Dews when he’d be calling for rains to Maine and dews in a winter storm. ;)

Rant over. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

100% agree though I’d be back running in a week or two tops. I would  wear a mask in your presence if you feel more comfortable. I leave it up to the individuals. For example, my wife’s 88 yr old father is in the Cape with all the kids, families, cousins. Youngest 13, oldest 22. He had no fears and does not want us to wear a mask. I saw both my parents many times over the last 30-45 days and no one wore masks. Both well into their 70’s.But if they wanted us to, we would have . The first few months we stayed away, never saw them and made sure all were safe. As society has figured this thing out and gotten past the initial scare and subsequent and still ongoing scare tactics, we can live life as normal as is possible given the conditions. I’m not out to put anyone’s health in danger or make them scared. If they feel that way, we mask . I always ask. What our family will not do is live life scared 

Damn straight skippy. I have engaged again with all my family and every one of them asked me I was comfortable with them coming over. We need to live our lives as we see fit with the people we choose. I wear a mask in stores. 

• Like 4
  • Weenie 2

2 hours ago, Bostonseminole said:

Silly really, we should be better at self moderation and not answer every post people make, if we ignore the political crap they will go away, but some folks here have no self control. They have to win every debate, is sad to be honest.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yes.  Plus, there is the ignore feature.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Alright ya’ll...drop the blame game on the thread being closed. 

There’s plenty of reasons including posters in this subforum. It ran its course. 

Yall can take it to PM or Ampol. 

Shared view.  I’ve lost my patience with it all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

There’s plenty of reasons including posters in this subforum. It ran its course. 

Covid-19 hasn't run it's course though. Are we allowed to still talk about the pandemic in the banter thread, or will that be censored?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

100% agree though I’d be back running in a week or two tops. I would  wear a mask in your presence if you feel more comfortable. I leave it up to the individuals. For example, my wife’s 88 yr old father is in the Cape with all the kids, families, cousins. Youngest 13, oldest 22. He had no fears and does not want us to wear a mask. I saw both my parents many times over the last 30-45 days and no one wore masks. Both well into their 70’s.But if they wanted us to, we would have . The first few months we stayed away, never saw them and made sure all were safe. As society has figured this thing out and gotten past the initial scare and subsequent and still ongoing scare tactics, we can live life as normal as is possible given the conditions. I’m not out to put anyone’s health in danger or make them scared. If they feel that way, we mask . I always ask. What our family will not do is live life scared 

First of all I sincerely hope you never get it.  But be aware of its misery for many healthy people. You’re not in your 20s-you’re closing in on 50.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

2 hours ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Not a good look from some on here ganging up on @wxtrix or anyone else for that matter. Disagree with each other respectfully. Nobody has to prove their manhood on an internet weather forum. If you do, I feel sorry for you. I’ve been on this board (Easternwx before) since 2007. Some of the worst posting I’ve seen on this forum in 13 years in recent weeks.

Looking forward to the winter discussions. Hopefully the toxic attitudes change for the better by then. I miss the days when the villain of the thread was @Dr. Dews when he’d be calling for rains to Maine and dews in a winter storm. ;)

Rant over. 

Wasn’t that someone else?

• Haha 2

On 7/5/2020 at 3:22 PM, ORH_wxman said:

Except I've tried registering a thousand times for AmPol and it never works 

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Some posters true colors came out in the covid thread, That's my one and done take.

Yup plenty of eye opening moments into thought processes.  Open mind and being exposed to different takes is the way to learn though.  

The number of browsers in the sub forum decreased like 75% in the evening now, ha.

On 7/5/2020 at 3:44 PM, NorEastermass128 said:

Rant over. 

She is an awful poster and brings it on by her self.  She is purposely antagonistic and thrives on it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

46 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

I haven't been on in a while, but I just noticed that the Covid thread is gone.   The few posts that I have read here make it seem like it ran it's course, with the whole political bickering finally bringing it down. 

The thread was great when it first started but a few people ruined it ( I can also take some blame for throwing it offcourse)

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

I wish "the thread" would be shut down on all of society, frankly.  Humans are in more dire need of a reset and forced multi-generation 'humility' reality check than any species since the dinosaurs saw a fireball from the heavens.

This 'doom-scrolling' is a manifestation of a psychotropic stimulus addition. The same one in peered sciences, showcased in 60-Minutes, and tapped into and used (manipulation) by portable comms industries et al... It's sick. And in the absence of real corporeal threat to survival ...at a kind of instinctual level, humans fill that devoid sense of threat with virtual hostility - 

Industrialized media has 0 compunctions about sloping and spinning headlines to keep feeding the addicts, too - ...  Meanwhile, you look down your street in both direction and the environment, under foot and in the air and sky, are all quiescent ...and there is no simultaneous realization that it is all a delusion of dystopian horror because the herein reality is merely a subset of a bigger truth ...that shit just doesn't happen - it is being constructed by the humanity within a bubble cinema... -  it is all humanity doing it to itself.   We're talking about the general scope - obviously down at the individual, case-by-case level, people are endowed with hardships... but that's an evasive argument when comparing to the whole. The bell-curve contains a convenience addling mass 

Stop it!  ...the plug needs to be pulled... the batteries allowed to die. Because the evolution of this technology is not serving good - it is serving satisfaction without connection to work, where is how the psychological emergence of virtuosity is engendered....

Virtuosity decays at the onset of convenience - the easier the satisfaction is realized. And that ( digression in-coming) is also a catch-22 ...and why the very same evolution that supplies this particular species with the wherewithal to achieve convenience  ...effectively evolves toward its own demise.  

Think of it this way ... Teenager A: a rich kid is given the keys to a new car. Teenager B: a 'less fortunate' son/daughter... washes cars, mows lawns ... takes a job bagging groceries at the local supermarket on the weekends spanning however long it takes in sacrifices.The two teenagers end up with the same car...  Which teenager is most probably destined to heap said car first?  Humanity functions on whole, as a macrocosmic analog of those exact same appreciation modeling/'tendencies.'   Human species A is given easy access to survival and entertainment... Human species B works very hard and toils to realize those same advantages... Which one ends up in a heap first.

It's all related though ... being given anything...be it free cars, are free access to 'dirty laundry' and drama of unfiltered and un-appropriately analyzed non-categorized information ... it becomes unprincipled because human beings do not intrinsically connect value to anything they are given for free - and the advancing evolution that allows humanity to manipulate its own environment supplies successive generations with satisfaction for free.     

• Weenie 3

5 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Never said that you insulted anyone.   I said that you are purposely antagonistic, and that you are an awful poster. 
...But, that is typical of your style, putting words into people's mouths like this.  

She's probably antagonistic ?  I don't know ... I mean, these are faceless rabble on the internet so everyone is either accidentally ...if not outright, trolling at one point or the other. 

That said, she didn't put words in your mouth by saying "insulting"  - because ... people do not typically characterize others as, purposely antagonistic and/or awful ... unless they feel they were being insulted - so... her assumption there is fair.  Otherwise, they would be doing so unprovoked.  She didn't put words in your mouth. 

You were insulted... 

Now, if you were, focus on that and why - 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

She's probably antagonistic ?  I don't know ... I mean, these are faceless rabble on the internet so everyone is either accidentally ...if not outright, trolling at one point or the other. 

That said, she didn't put words in your mouth by saying "insulting"  - because ... people do not typically characterize others as, purposely antagonistic and/or awful ... unless the feel they were being insulted - so... her assumption there is fair.

Regardless, I still stand by my assessment.  You can dance around it anyway you like.  

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Regardless, I still stand by my assessment.  You can dance around it anyway you like.  

Lol, cool - 

I showed up to the dance hall when the deejay was already gone and the floor was festooned by ribbons and litter ...and the guests had long gone home after the celebration had been interrupted by a brawl and the cops showed up and sent everyone on their way ...  

I have no idea what went down  Just bored -

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wxtrix said:

it's a famous line from a writer.  a specific subset of people simply can never parse it, though. hmmm.

Thank you, wxtrix, a little search and I was introduced and entranced by Edith Sitwell. Of her many quotes, of which yours is one. Four others caught my eye: “ I am one of those unhappy persons who inspire bores to the greatest flights of art.“
                            “ I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it”

“ Good taste is the worst vice ever invented”

“ Poetry is the deification of reality.”

some of Ms Sitwell’s quotes can easily be taken to heart,. As always .....