• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    freestyle
    Newest Member
    freestyle

February 5-7 Wintry Mess Potential

That was an awesome drive home.  Got in the car in rain in Leominster. Quickly became cats paws then moderate snow as I went west on Rte 2.   Winds picked up

Some branch damage in Hubbardston due to ice.  Lots of ice on trees coming down due to winds.  Got a 0.1” of snow.  Now at 50.00” for the season

52 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Wind picked up noticeably in the last hour or so. Big flakes have been pummeled by the wind and are much smaller. I have big picture window in my living room but it seems like storms either happen at when it’s dark or I’m not home. It’s nice being able to sit on the couch and watch the wind and snow. 

The great view I have out my living room window just allowed me to witness the decapitation of my mailbox by the plow. Grrrrrr 

wind back around to the NNW and the sky races...still light at the surface though..

I figure we'll get an iso burst here any time ...  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Stinger as rapid pressure rose, gravity wave like went right over me.

Not really seeing any gravity wave signatures on pressure traces, could just be a good old fashioned isallobaric burst coupled with a good descending jet.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, White Rain said:

Temperature spiked up to 33.8, ice breaking off the trees in  violent  bursts.

I drove home from Worcester earlier this afternoon and got bombarded with ice falling off trees, temp spiked now down to 39.

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

Not really seeing any gravity wave signatures on pressure traces, could just be a good old fashioned isallobaric burst coupled with a good descending jet.

yeah.. we've been discussing that look all week. 

I'm n. Middlesex co here in Mass and we still have very little wind, but racing strata streets from the NNW. Probably start hearing turbines pretty quick here I imagine. 

Pretty heavy glaze locally, but short of damage. Hilltops are close to 1/4", maybe a little more in spots.

Looks nice anyway topped off with a coating of snow

13 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Yea true saw some iso rise falls at bottom of traces 

20200207_163519.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

36,000 in RI with no power.  40,000 in SE MA between National Grid and Eversource.

Friends in Hopkinton RI out of power since 3 pm, lots of tree damage

10+ big trees down in my 5 mile commute. Lots of wind and little power on south shore RI.05a9b4f1c47c36dab131d6fb4213759e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

36,000 in RI with no power.  40,000 in SE MA between National Grid and Eversource.

Looks like the worst avoided this part of CT thankfully. UI outages are below 300 total people.

2 minutes ago, Sn0waddict said:

Looks like the worst avoided this part of CT thankfully. UI outages are below 300 total people.

It's just been a constant "roar" of wind here for the last 4 hours or so.  Worse down at the immediate coast.  It was fun traveling over the Mt. Hope Bridge with the crosswinds blowing across the deck.