• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 5-7 Wintry Mess Potential

weatherwiz

the other thing...I'm noticing in the models that as this thing lifts into the lower Maritimes it's actually losing it's cyclonic identity and is absorbing into the broader circulation up there ... This sort of seems as though this thing was purely driven by a hydrostatic balancing from that huge wind max going by the region, as the baroclinics in the lower troposphere weren't terribly well sloped.   Imagine if there was -

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That first pic is nuts

Yes I definitely slept through the best stuff, as I read back through this thread and saw the time stamps on PFs radar posts.  

Love this sub forum for big storms.  So easy to relive.    Haha 

hope you guys get a real coastal blizzard before this year ends fingers crossed. 

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

We were overruled. We wanted to do two separate systems (advisory snow Thursday/some warnings today with advisories for freezing rain) but our neighbors wanted to group them together. 

I had everything separate so it wasn’t a big deal to me but hey whatever floats their Boat.

Usually the silly "Power Outage Map" that Pete B. posts before a storm is way overdone and never happens the way it's painted.

Today it's finally come to fruition. Tons of wind damage in SNE, specifically SE Mass. and tons of outages.

GL to those without power as it might actually be a few days to restore it as the power companies probably weren't prepared for such widespread wind issues and outages like they normally are these days when there's a big, hyped up coastal coming up the coast