• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Waltzman
    Newest Member
    Waltzman

February 5-7 Wintry Mess Potential

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

So looking at the Snow Cam... 9am nothing... 1:30pm there's about an 8" stack.  

8" in 4.5 hours and it really didn't get going until 11am to be honest.

We are checking the High Road stake manually in a bit to see if it confirms.

9am.thumb.jpg.71bb7152551aa5bdb3e266494bd58579.jpg

130pm.thumb.jpg.f9170808234255bfc9c10d418f95d9b2.jpg

That’s so awesome and I believe it. I’m down in Burlington and it started in earnest around 9:30/10am. I checked at 12:30pm when I went for a walk and the spot I cleared in a minimally wind prone area had 4.4 inches. No doubt the mountain is cleaning up at a 30-40% higher rate.

Barometric pressure seems to have bottomed out and starting back up here in NW CT.  Temp back down to 32 from a high of 33.  Maybe we can squeak a cheap coating of snow out this...

Sad that coatings of snow have become noteworthy.

To the folks up north - enjoy!  Serious snow envy down here.

that warmup was short lasting, 50s for maybe an hour, back down to 45....pressure up to 976.8 mb and rising. Wind was impressive, heard a few trees in the woods going down

We've just been getting some freezing rain sleet and snow. Essentially crap. The icicles on the pine trees in front of my window are kinda cute though so there's that. Not seeing our forecast panning out here, but things can always change in a hurry. 

2 minutes ago, alex said:

We've just been getting some freezing rain sleet and snow. Essentially crap. The icicles on the pine trees in front of my window are kinda cute though so there's that. Not seeing our forecast panning out here, but things can always change in a hurry. 

your backyard needs a refresher:D

1 hour ago, J.Spin said:

We just got the call that UVM is closing as of 1:30 P.M. (a declared "state of campus emergency" due to blowing and drifting snow creating impassable roads and walkways and inaccessible parking lots), so it wasn’t a pre-planned full snow day, but even a half day closing here means that this is a pretty impressive event.

I was texting her my jealousy while she told me classes canceled. My text was get out in it!  Gotta move....

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

971.9mb at ORE

Lower than ORH (972.4), yet ORH is an 020 wind direction at 9 knots....this low is pretty contorted because of the CAD.

5 minutes ago, alex said:

CC has been crashing and BML is over to +SN, so hopefully soon. Maybe some downsloping in that area too with southerly winds at MWN 

Congrats to the northern VT folks on this one. Jay Peak and surrounding areas should be great this weekend. 

NAM 3K continues to be an utter failure resolving this system showing 900mb off of the NJ coast, what a useless model the past few days. Although I'm wondering if I get below sub 970 here. Looks like the low should go right over my head.

SPC got caught flat footed in the mid Atlantic as well. What a crazy storm even though the effects were pedestrian at my location. 

nam3km_mslp_wind_neus_fh6-6.gif

today.gif.png

IMG_9110.JPG