Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb To Forget? - 2020 Discussion

TalcottWx

28 minutes ago, NYCweatherNOW said:

Every model trended horrible if we want snow. I can’t believe the luck we got this winter! I’ve never seen this besides 11-12 and 97-98

NYC never was in.  It’s not too bad for us in SNE...snow to ice/maybe some rain (per most guidance after Tuesday). Also, 2001-02 and 2011-12 were far worse here vs 1997-98.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnoSki14 said:

If Euros huge cutter idea is correct then even they may not see much or at the very least it'll all be washed away.

lol. The euro has like 5” up here and then wedges for awhile. It never truly warm sectors up here before the cold fropa. That would be a net gain verbatim. I wish it was no snow at all at this point. 

6 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

This is gonna be a fun week

there will be melts and where that boundary establishes itself will be key 

I give this week the best shot of scooter melting and probably Rev as well

i like my Spot relative to SNE but if that boundary shifts north were all sipping tropical drinks as somewhere north of boundary is icy and snowy 

Agreed.  I tihnk the clown the PF posted will reflect close to reality.  Litfchfield-Dave-Ray-Maine Coast and points north will be shoveling.  The rest of us will be melting.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This is uncanny. We went from a wintry mid -late week and everyone excited to a mild , wire to wire rainer for SNE.  What happened to cause this drastic change? At this point it’s just become normal for this to happen 

WANT and DESIRE!

Well I am reminded of an old wise tale that only I can speak to the best of my ability that might sound familiar to some but would most assuredly come out different from their own voice and how their mind projects the story.  A group of sheep were captured by this black magician who wanted their wool, and to feed them food so that they could be slaughtered dead on arrival to his dinner plate.  At first the sheep would do anything to fight the black magician to keep away from the unpleasant sensations of losing their wool, even to risk death at the hands of their master.  Eventually the black magician had to devise a way to get his sheep to cooperate so he tried many things and came up with the solution that in order to get what he wants he had to make the sheep love the sadistic tortures of being around their masters.  In other words the reality of their situation had to become one of pleasure  to make the sheep love  the feeling of death, and torture, so much so that they would love their master and walk up to the black magician.  So the black magician hypnotized the sheep, and soon the sheep would no longer fear him and even walk to him as desired ready at a whim to die, and have their wool taken from them. 

Bit by bit through hard work and step by step the sheep bowed down to the master losing more of their sovereignty and ability to think outside the box becoming disillusioned from reality losing their cognitive  ability to discern the real world of what we can call the formulation of cognitive dissonance - essentially we are programmed to be Alien Reaction Machines with no Freewill bound to the goals of another being that directs us to its own desires.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Ogmios said:

WANT and DESIRE!

Well I am reminded of an old wise tale that only I can speak to the best of my ability that might sound familiar to some but would most assuredly come out different from their own voice and how their mind projects the story.  A group of sheep were captured by this black magician who wanted their wool, and to feed them food so that they could be slaughtered dead on arrival to his dinner plate.  At first the sheep would do anything to fight the black magician to keep away from the unpleasant sensations of losing their wool, even to risk death at the hands of their master.  Eventually the black magician had to devise a way to get his sheep to cooperate so he tried many things and came up with the solution that in order to get what he wants he had to make the sheep love the sadistic tortures of being around their masters.  In other words the reality of their situation had to become one of pleasure  to make the sheep love  the feeling of death, and torture, so much so that they would love their master and walk up to the black magician.  So the black magician hypnotized the sheep, and soon the sheep would no longer fear him and even walk to him as desired ready at a whim to die, and have their wool taken from them. 

Bit by bit through hard work and step by step the sheep bowed down to the master losing more of their sovereignty and ability to think outside the box becoming disillusioned from reality losing their cognitive  ability to discern the real world of what we can call the formulation of cognitive dissonance - essentially we are programmed to be Alien Reaction Machines with no Freewill bound to the goals of another being that directs us to its own desires.

Sounds like the 2016-2020 period from a socio-politico perspective, but what connection do you see to this weather board?  Is this winter our black magician?  Is it the Euro?  Or maybe DIT?

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This is uncanny. We went from a wintry mid -late week and everyone excited to a mild , wire to wire rainer for SNE and much of CNE.  What happened to cause this drastic change? At this point it’s just become normal for this to happen 

This isnt a good pattern at all with the MJO in the bad phases along with a terrible NAO and AO.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

White flags being raised across SNE this morning as the seasonal FU continues to slap us silly. 

Besides the SWFE a couple weeks ago, every "snow" opportunity has faded in the 3-5 day range and never came back....unbelievable, time to wish for a permanent ridge to develop and just end this....have another coating this morning that will melt within the hour, the past 2 days have added a whopping 0.1" of snow to the totals. Last February I had 4.6" for the month, we might not be able to beat that this year.