Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2020

George BM

3 hours ago, Chris78 said:

@nj2va Your place in deep creek might be the place to be next weekend.

Heh, yep keeping a close eye on things. But at least today was a 10/10 on a winter scale...temps in the teens with WC -5 and snow all day. Just what I needed considering the ‘disaster’ the whole area has had so far especially East of 95. 

highly recommend a chase next weekend whether it’s here or somewhere else close for those feeling snow starved. 

12 hours ago, nj2va said:

Heh, yep keeping a close eye on things. But at least today was a 10/10 on a winter scale...temps in the teens with WC -5 and snow all day. Just what I needed considering the ‘disaster’ the whole area has had so far especially East of 95. 

highly recommend a chase next weekend whether it’s here or somewhere else close for those feeling snow starved. 

Looks pretty good for out there in the highlands with temps just cold enough for snow at this point. Not sure how the rest of the region stays cold enough upstairs, and surface temps are also mild. Probably the best chance of frozen would be at onset for places east of the mountains, then maybe at the very end. With the depicted h5 look, there is just not a lot of cold air around.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Gonna check out some nearby towns today- Lititz, Ephrata, and a vineyard or 2. Might go to the Welsh Mountain area. Let me know if there are any "must do" places to go/see.

I live and grew up in Ephrata. lol

Ephrata

Black Forest Brewery - downtown near the Cocalico valley Historical society (if your into that)

St Boniface Brewery - locally one of the best.

Lititz

Gen Sutter Inn

Bulls Head - also a must

Lancaster county Vinyard (down in southern end)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I’ll consider getting my hopes up for this weekend if things still looks to have a chance on Wednesday’s 12z runs 

It’s provably going to at least be close.  The look is close enough to a lot of our wet snow in a warm pattern “look” but the antecedent airmass might be just a bit too atrocious for low elevations. This might end up like some of those 1998 storms that clobbered higher elevations. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic