Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NYE Mess Obs

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, wxeyeNH said:

23 Sleet with pixel dust.  I'm surprised I am straight sleet while there is legit flakage way to my south.  I am much closer to the cold source of air yet no snow the past couple hours, just the pixel dust crap

I think we explained why earlier. The low level lift source is to your south. This is generating flakes with marginal temps, likely aided by salt nuclei on E winds.

4 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Are you home or Concord?  Just heard of fatal fire in Northfield on the east side of town

Home. I think the fire was the other day on Shaker Rd.

These pellets are so big it almost looks like snow falling with the amount of light being refracted through them.

23 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Ground has whitened from pathetic-looking flakes.  Beats the rain though.

In that kind of early about the snow mixing in that this point? Also, I need snow in Enfield..was reporting sleet as well. Is it cold air coming in a little quicker because of the storm that's forming to the South? Starting set to saturate the lower levels

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I think we explained why earlier. The low level lift source is to your south. This is generating flakes with marginal temps, likely aided by salt nuclei on E winds.

Thanks Scott.  I should go back and read more pages from time to time before asking questions

Getting scalped right now.  Big sleet almost the size of small hail.  Pinging everywhere

according to meso's the temps stop falling now and should start creeping up in the MHT to 101 corridor that is currently 28 or so degrees in next hour or so

there may be a slow bleed down in the 495 area to 32 and 128 area to 33 or so  from the initial "push" just reaching there but doesn't seem to be going lower. Nashua has been sitting 31.5 for last couple hours