SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NYE Mess Obs

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, wxeyeNH said:

No one is posting in the other storm thread for non obs so I'll post here

12Z Euro looking good for the 2ndary up here later

22/20  PLSG-  Temp and dew have stopped dropping and begun a slight rise.

GFS, RGEM, GGEM and the Euro all looks like it wants to pound over to here, Nam not as robust but still decent.

Just now, wx2fish said:

I was noticing Derry dropped into the 28f range. Maybe a little push, but I've been trickling upwards

Looks like temps have finally been dropping steadily the past hour or so between ASH and MHT....we'll see if that tries to press further SW....I noticed we actually get pressure rises between around 21z and 03z.

• Like 1

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Does that lend itself to a further SW press ....potentially

Yeah I'd think it would at least try....but this has been a weird system....like the secondary is squashed so far south, that we're having trouble turning winds to the NE though recently we're starting to see more of a NNE wind in the ASH-DAW corridor and that might finally get our little drain pipeline going....we'll see.

At the very least, when you see pressure rises from the northeast like that, sell any meaningful warmup.

I just checked some stations in far N ORH county and it seems they are dropping steadily too now in the past hour...like a good 2F in the past 60-90 minutes after being level for several hours this morning.

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

If pressures rise in ME this evening that increases the ageostrophic drain to the SW, as winds will tend to blow in towards lower pressure (i.e. high to low). 

Yeah that’s why I don’t necessarily buy a big warm up to MHT. It’s not like it’s a rotting airmass slowly dying from latent heat release from freezing rain. Good dews from snow areas moving SW into this system. Eventually winds above 950 will advecting mild air in and maybe it gets a tad warmer near NH border later on? But I’m not sure I buy that at all from MHT-ASH.