Total Members
    Most Online
    WeatherArbordoctor
    Newest Member
    WeatherArbordoctor
WxUSAF

March 3-4, 2019 Snow Discussion and Obs

8 minutes ago, notvirga! said:

Harrisonburg Va is white and getting accumulation so this is surprising. 

I don't know where he is in Allegheny County, but Harrisonburg is 100+ miles from its county seat.

3 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Temp down to 33-34 with big flakes. First hint of some grass and mulch accumulation starting.

I'm going to be real interested to see the temp/accumulation differences with this one with me and you.

1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

Stuck in a rain bubble in leesburg...probably my last ob for this thing today.  Hope everyone gets a little something 

I have more snow than rain here

flipping back and forth here depending on the rates.  roads are wet.  maybe we can turn this into a feb '87 later.  gonna need rates, without a doubt.

9 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

I don't know where he is in Allegheny County, but Harrisonburg is 100+ miles from its county seat.

Ok so it's farther south than I thought. I was thinking it was more west of Harrisonburg but it's definitely southwest.

12 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

It is elevation. I am in the mountains NW of town. Probably have a few hundred feet on you in the Valley.

You out 50 or 522?  That is an area we are looking when we move (hopefully) next year.  Ideally, we'd find a place somewhere on top of North Mountain, but there is isn't much up there.  LOL.

Elevation certainly helps, but conditions even in the valley improve north of Rt. 50.  Wife works at the school board office on Amherst.  I hear it every event.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, notvirga! said:

Ok so it's farther south than I thought. I was thinking it was more west of Harrisonburg but it's definitely southwest.

Yep, I am just north of I-64 and between Covington and Clifton Forge. BTW, it has been pouring here last couple hours, so there is plenty of percip heading north and east.

• Like 1

Light white rain in Dundalk. Flakes really have that wet look and it’s coming straight down. Bet I switch to rain pretty early despite the relatively cold 850s. Near the bay just isn’t gonna work