• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 29-30, 2019 Arctic FROPA

WxUSAF

Just a dusting on the grass and slush on the sidewalks in NE Baltimore. It was fun snow to watch though. Had to take my son to the doc and we stopped at Atwater's on the way back and grabbed lunch with fat flakes pouring down. Too bad there wasn't real stickage.

If I snag a delay to go with the early closing I'll be satisfied with this event, full coverage or not. 

To be totally honest, I wasn't expecting much at all from this, but I enjoyed it a lot. I only got a half an inch but the snow was really heavy and big flakes while it lasted and I got to walk in it a bit. Obviously it's not the goal for winter, but at the end of the day I have to remember to enjoy ANY snow that falls and I did! Now I'll enjoy the cold the next few days before we torch next week. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mdecoy said:

Here it is 747pm, and it is legit raining in Delaware. Not even close to being cold enough for snow. What happened here? Why is this warm air holding on so strong?

Hey, how are things in Newark ? 

In Middletown just rain. Basically another busted forecast for Northern Delaware, including me just below the Canal. Never got the cold air in and a lackof precip. 

I hope tomorrow is more exciting. Eh, maybe not .

A trace would be generous in a final total here. A very very light dusting on mulch, car tops, and wood. Everything else is just wet. 

Had good rates for hours of rain and even snow for 1-2 hours but just never accumulated. Started out warm and ended warm. 

Even the "final band" that came through was pretty weak by the time it got here. Rates were better before. 

7 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

It's a shame that the real arctic front won't move through until mid day tomorrow. Hoping I can hang on to at least some of the snowcover for the deep freeze

Why wouldn't it hang around? Aren't temps going to fall into the 20s tonight?

3 minutes ago, Fozz said:

Why wouldn't it hang around? Aren't temps going to fall into the 20s tonight?

Tonight is not the problem. The problem maybe temps spiking a bit right before the real front arrives. Ive seen it happen before even as a squall line approaches. Nothing outrageous but areas south of you could go above freezing for a brief time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Full sun and close to 30 degrees before the front. It's dry fluffy snow too so it will melt and evaporate. We'll see how it goes.

My snow is so wet and dense that my electric snowblower quickly choked on it.  Had to just use the shovel.

They didn't do our streets and it's like 1-2" of slush.  Going to be a sheet of ice tomorrow morning.

2 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

My snow is so wet and dense that my electric snowblower quickly choked on it.  Had to just use the shovel.

They didn't do our streets and it's like 1-2" of slush.  Going to be a sheet of ice tomorrow morning.

Snow here is very dry. Almost shocked me when I just shoveled. My temp now is 28. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic