Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Just spitting the truth. Let me know if a warning event that doesn’t get washed away is immenent before month’s end. 

Also-snowing then melting is less of a big deal to me.  I felt bad for a few seconds losing my cover yesterday bit that was way overshadowed by my ability to not worry about falling continuously.

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Also-snowing then melting is less of a big deal to me.  I felt bad for a few seconds losing my cover yesterday bit that was way overshadowed by my ability to not worry about falling continuously.

I didn’t mind losing that pack either. I’m talking about a snow to rain event, those are weak. Tue/Wed is just that esp south of pike.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It was a great storm, but nothing set it apart from other KUs...Last March and April 1997 were better for snowfall by several inches, and Feb 2013 was better for wind and snowfall by a bit. I'd rank it ahead of Jan 2011, but probably even behind Dec 1992.

Violently agree about Jan 2005.....that was the first "biggy" for us after out move to West Hartford in Aug 2004 and I remember I was so pumped - we even got in on the blizzy warning late in the game......and then we got like 11".....I was like "wtf is this shit"

Anyway the 2 footer that came the next winter was good and of course Feb 2013 was amazing.......Jan 2011 - the whole month - ruled......

1 minute ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Pedestrian lol

I believe I measured 24.5" in Woburn...

If were talking about the January 23-24 Blizzard of  2005, I think the North Woburn area got 27.9", Bedford, MA 25.8" and Reading, MA 25.8" Complements of the DPW Reports.

23 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

This next event probably won't stay snow for most, but we have a shot at widespread warning imo.

Story of the season.  I've had 7 events with over 3" snow, which is pretty good for less than half a snow season, and only one was all snow - Nov. 16.  Last Sunday was the only other one with all frozen, just an IP mix.  The other 5 all included RA, which is more like my NNJ experience (except for the number of 3"+ events - I think only 60-61 and 66-67 reached that figure for an entire winter.)

19 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Poor guy got dryslotted and poor snow growth he will never get over it

No, you are thinking of Dec 2003 and PD II....I got 25" that storm.....I only had 18" going into the final 90 minutes, but the closing death band dropped a quick 7".

It was a bonafide KU here....just not upper tier.