Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, butterfish55 said:
1 hour ago, weathafella said:
I found myself dreaming of wonderfully warm summer days when I went out with the dog earlier...

Was thinking the same while looking at my covered pool this morning. It's time

Pumped and siphoned a whole lot of icy water off my pool this morning 

• Like 1

What’s up weenies,

Coming out of a profound 12 year lurk on the board to sing y’all a classic 80’s chune that just fits this winter of 2018/19 tighter than a pair of one of Pickle’s MILFS yoga pants. Now, everybody sing with me...(I’ll take some grammatical liberties to make this work)

“You’re simply the worst!

Worser than all the rest!

You’re Worser than any of them!

Bam, Bam, Bam,

Simply the Worst!”

See, now don’t we all feel better?! For realz though, thanks for the endless education and laughs for the last decade. Feel free to move to banter.

• Like 2

Just now, Kitzbuhel Craver said:

What’s up weenies,

Coming out of a profound 12 year lurk on the board to sing y’all a classic 80’s chune that just fits this winter of 2018/19 tighter than a pair of one of Pickle’s MILFS yoga pants. Now, everybody sing with me...(I’ll take some grammatical liberties to make this work)

“You’re simply the worst!

Worser than all the rest!

You’re Worser than any of them!

Bam, Bam, Bam,

Simply the Worst!”

See, now don’t we all feel better?! For realz though, thanks for the endless education and laughs for the last decade. Feel free to move to banter.

12 years without posting,  wow thats incredible.  Scooter hasn't gone 12 minutes without posting in 12 years

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah little bit of a trend closer to a SWFE. Still has that weird anafront snow band too....but I'm not buying that right now.

How about -40C 850s near Chicago? :lol:

Will I posted this for Tom in this thread but I also meant to ask you this yesterday:

The way the season has evolved and even though 2012-13 was not a true el nino (we have to get away from being too dependent on ENSO), do you think this season may follow a similar progression?  Bluewave (Chris) and I have been talking about it extensively in the NYC area subforum, that starting with the November snowstorm and continuing with what our area has experienced both temp and snowfall-wise, this season has been a very good match to 2012-13.  Does this mean eastern regions will get a megasnowstorm in February?  Obviously not, but perhaps the risks are higher than they would ordinarily be and if it does happen, I do hope it's a big event for more than just the eastern regions.  In addition to that, we had a significant event in March, so since the whole pattern change was delayed this season just like it was in 2012-13 do you think the chances are now higher that the wintry pattern may continue on into March?  My thinking is yes.

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Why not?

I think the more important question is why? Not why not.

There's really nothing for sunday. If the midwest trough ad reel in the ocean storm like Scooter and I were talking about, that would be more on Monday night and not Sunday.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I think the more important question is why? Not why not.

There's really nothing for sunday. If the midwest trough ad reel in the ocean storm like Scooter and I were talking about, that would be more on Monday night and not Sunday.

Oh I thought you guys meant Sunday into Sunday night. Apologies 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Oh I thought you guys meant Sunday into Sunday night. Apologies 

No....there's a weak distrubance for Sunday but I don't think it has enough moisture to give us anything except a few flurries and then an upslope CJ up north.

16 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol dude . Been up to Jay lately? I hope you finally see some good snow. Have to hope Feb acts like Feb. I can't take all this water. 7.42 this month.

We can only hope. Yeah, been up a few times, totally different world. Gradient FTW. Man, Sooooo much freakin water IMBY. I’ll defer to the pros on this, whatever it may be, Compressed hyper flow, Destructive wave interference MJO, lack of -NAO, etc. Gotta feel for Ray, spot on with the pattern. Just can’t seem to fooking get it in sync. NoPoles mentioned it yesterday, the “man if this were snow” Would be epic. Sigh...

11 minutes ago, Kitzbuhel Craver said:

We can only hope. Yeah, been up a few times, totally different world. Gradient FTW. Man, Sooooo much freakin water IMBY. I’ll defer to the pros on this, whatever it may be, Compressed hyper flow, Destructive wave interference MJO, lack of -NAO, etc. Gotta feel for Ray, spot on with the pattern. Just can’t seem to fooking get it in sync. NoPoles mentioned it yesterday, the “man if this were snow” Would be epic. Sigh...

Hopefully Diane gets to witness this as happened 14 years ago this week. Our late friend Scott Messenger often referred to this as his white Hurricane. His elevated home on the ocean he claimed easily gusted over 100

nws-graphic.png

goes-12-318x300.jpg

Massachusetts_tmo_2005024.jpg

300px-Blizzard_of_2005.JPG

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Let's give this MJO BS a rest already.  As Tip and others have said...it's certainly not the end all be all for us here in SNE.  I'm so sick of that POS chart. 

I will continue posting it. If you do not want to look at it then scroll past it. Its part of the entire picture.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Hopefully Diane gets to witness this as happened 14 years ago today. Our late friend Scott Messenger often referred to this as his white Hurricane. His elevated home on the ocean he claimed easily gusted over 100

nws-graphic.png

goes-12-318x300.jpg

Massachusetts_tmo_2005024.jpg

300px-Blizzard_of_2005.JPG

One of my top three favorite storms!  Sideways +SN for hours on end.   I was in Cambridge then, of course I would be furious had I been living in Greenfield which had 1/3 as much snow as Eastern areas.