Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 12-13th Cold Smoke Obs and Nowcast

Bob Chill

2 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Anything over 4" is a good storm in my book.  Always been my benchmark.  And anything over 6" is a big storm.  Don't know about the latter, but the former appears within reach.  Add in the cold temps and this could be a great event.

You are getting AT LEAST 6 from this. This is the event where you finally score more than me :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Cmc looks more like the gfs than the nams/icon

Cmc doesn’t quite have that conveyor belt of moisture feed between during the period when the hand over of the low starts taking place at the coast like you see on the 12k. But I see the cmc trying to setup similar banding structure as the nam. Wasn’t a full move by any means towards nam

3 minutes ago, Scraff said:

I’m ready for what the NAM is bringing too...:tomato:

E17EBCC2-4A98-4D07-8C99-E22BE8911053.jpeg

Scraff gets it. You guys had better look out. The usual deathbanding is imminent. NWS KLWX has seen the potential CSI banding potential. I noticed that yesterday afternoon in the modeling. You guys are about to get shredded by snow tonight well on into Sunday. I see they expanded the WSW's well north.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, poolz1 said:

LWX keeping expected snowfall the same but upping the max and min.  Good trend up to game time.  I am a little on the outside looking in but increasing my bar to 4".  

makes sense.  LWX has been rock solid so far. Nothing has happened yet so no reason to up things too much and get silly.  Slow and steady.  Good approach. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, poolz1 said:

LWX keeping expected snowfall the same but upping the max and min.  Good trend up to game time.  I am a little on the outside looking in but increasing my bar to 4".  

I'm a little north of you and my bar is set at 3. Up here we just haven't gotten the bump up that the dc folks have gotten. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic