Total Members
    Most Online
    jculligan
    Newest Member
    jculligan
nj2va

March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

Confirmed. Legit constant pings now - I am 20 floors up and it's bouncing off my windows in Balt City.

Good to see. Probably means the colder solutions on the model are confirming. Now what we are hoping for is the midlevel warm nose is shallower as well so that can be overcome quickly.

2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Confirmed. Legit constant pings now - I am 20 floors up and it's bouncing off my windows in Balt City.

Yeah I'm at 400 Pratt and it's definitely a sleetfest here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeff B said:

@mappy I’m right around the corner from Fozz. 34/21 with sleet confirmed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thanks! I'm on the other side of 83 in Hunt Valley at work, just couldn't tell. appreciate the obs!

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

Yay! Someone else downtown for obs! Welcome!

Hah it looks like were close both at work and at home. I was hoping to get a full day in here (I got in at 6 am and was awake for the 2am model run LOL) but it looks like it might cave to snow earlier than we thought. 

2 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

Sleet/Rain mix in Ellicott City, mulch and deck already whitening. 

Wow nice. I have some sleet on my  car in Columbia, but nothing’s white. Alternating between mostly rain and a 50/50 rain sleet mix since it started.

Very pleased with the low surface temperatures and early reports of sleet everywhere. I know we were discussing yesterday that sleet would start at about 1-2:00. The earlier the sleet starts, the better I feel about early snow.

1 minute ago, Abbyme24 said:

Hah it looks like were close both at work and at home. I was hoping to get a full day in here (I got in at 6 am and was awake for the 2am model run LOL) but it looks like it might cave to snow earlier than we thought. 

Hope so, and yes, super excited for your obs from your neighborhood too as this unfolds - there's maybe one more that posts obs from our area too.

4 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

Sleet/Rain mix in Ellicott City, mulch and deck already whitening. 

I'm just west of you and it's already a mess out here.

The funny part is that we aren't even under an advisory!

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Wow nice. I have some sleet on my  car in Columbia, but nothing’s white. Alternating between mostly rain and a 50/50 rain sleet mix since it started.

I’m over at Lifetime Fitness in Columbia.  Definitely splotchy flakes mixing in with mostly sleet over here. 32 degrees. 

2 minutes ago, Scraff said:

I’m over at Lifetime Fitness in Columbia.  Definitely splotchy flakes mixing in with mostly sleet over here. 32 degrees. 

Nice. Haven’t seen any flakes yet, but I’m watching the correlation coeedicient radar and it’s highlighting the changeover zone well.

My temp is down to 33 with mush mixing in with sleet and rain.  The flip is coming early. I'm sure of it now. Western crew should be fully disrobed already. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Flakes tried to mix in from Cooksville to Montgomery Village on my way in this morning.  Once I got to Gaithersburg it was just light rain.