Total Members
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour
nj2va

March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

That's great man. Looks like an area wide warning level event is a lock at this point. I don't see how most of the beltway crews don't crack 5". Further west gets tricky but you should be good. I'm hoping for some of those parachute bands to develop as it rotates out of here. 

Historically pivots have been kind to Leesburg...this thing feels a bit east of history so I'm banking on the fact that I live in Lansdowne now which is east haha

7 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

Looks like us NOVA peeps are back in the game after the 60-90 min lull. Loop the radar at 96 frames and you can clearly see the rolling pivot with more of an east-west alignment of echoes pouring in from our friends to our east. Getting darker again thankfully. Got really bright and drippy for a while. Great event. Had over 4" by around 10:15 or so. It'snojoka!

LMAO LOL x 10000 !

The post diarrhea early this morning around ~ 1am was so bad, I had to hit the bed. It stunk. It was worse than a sewage plant lol. Place got overrun by debbie downers like you wouldnt believe. Tried to reassure ppl, please give the storm a chance. It took a few hours but we got snow, sure enough.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Snowman. said:

How many times are you going to say the same thing?

As many times as I see people post QPF numbers from American models while snow is falling from the sky. It’s extremely frustrating. The bust posts were ludicrous. 

Gfs fwiw continues the trend of a slightly better low position off the coast but again not sure in the grand scheme of things how much it matters. 

It does however have decent snow in dc through sunset.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 87storms said:

Gfs fwiw continues the trend of a slightly better low position off the coast but again not sure in the grand scheme of things how much it matter.  It does however have decent snow in dc through sunset.

Stop looking at American models. Only a fool would do that when the snow is falling.

/s

Seems to be getting a bit colder in Downtown DC. Snow accumulating even better on city streets than it was earlier, even though it's not snowing as hard. Pretty impressive for Downtown for so late in the season.

Now this is a snow day!  About 3" snow here on top of about 1" of congealed sleet.  It's pouring snow.  Great snow for snowmen and snowball fights.

6 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Ok precip is definitely moving/drifting westward now on radar.

At the same time, though, the western edge is approaching East.  I don't know what that means, but it's very noticeable on radar. 

I'm about to break 6.0" in Reisterstown.  Northern crew doing good.  About another 2 hours of max sun angle left then maybe the main roads cave.

50 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I mean it’s pretty clearly going to be  the widespread warning level event we thought it would be. There will be relative winners and losers as always, but this is a win. Double so for March freaking 21st.

Warning level was always my benchmark...As much as I would LOVE to see 8-10...5 inches+ is acceptable! I guess winter had to technically end for our snow drought to finally, HOPEFULLY, come to and end!

9 minutes ago, NovaTarHeel said:

At the same time, though, the western edge is approaching East.  I don't know what that means, but it's very noticeable on radar. 

Western edge is definitely on the move east and the radar is general has echoes weakening over us. My rates have dropped considerably over the past hour.

Looking at my point and click forecast, has anyone considered that schools may have to deal with this stuff refreezing overnight for the rest of the week possibly? All lows are well below freezing through the weekend.