Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

nj2va

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I mean it’s pretty clearly going to be  the widespread warning level event we thought it would be. There will be relative winners and losers as always, but this is a win. Double so for March freaking 21st.

Warning level was always my benchmark...As much as I would LOVE to see 8-10...5 inches+ is acceptable! I guess winter had to technically end for our snow drought to finally, HOPEFULLY, come to and end!

9 minutes ago, NovaTarHeel said:

At the same time, though, the western edge is approaching East.  I don't know what that means, but it's very noticeable on radar. 

Western edge is definitely on the move east and the radar is general has echoes weakening over us. My rates have dropped considerably over the past hour.

16 minutes ago, Herb@MAWS said:

That sounds right.  I figure about 1.5" yesterday and probably approaching 4.5" today now.  Also was surprised when shoveling that the snow wasn't wet and heavy.

Yeah that jives with what estimate. Flake size has gone down in the last 20 mins but still close to heavy rates (0.25mi vis). Just measured 5.5” of new snow!

Archived