• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SWineman
    Newest Member
    SWineman
nj2va

March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

I would expect the watch to changes to advisories / warnings after the 12z guidance comes in.  We're within the 24 hours of the event starting now.  Wonder if they go advisory for Central MoCo south through DC and warning up north.  Probably the conservative thing to do.

2 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

Big Sleet falling down here west of Woodbridge. Coming down pretty heavy. Mixed in with the rain. No Flakes. 34.5

Important report. I expected something like that but great to hear ground truth. 

4 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

Big Sleet falling down here west of Woodbridge. Coming down pretty heavy. Mixed in with the rain. No Flakes. 34.5

That's very good news, can't wait til that moves north.

I think my expectations were set right that the big show was tonight into tomorrow for here but I think I talked myself into wanting a heavy sleet show for today. Could still happen it is early. light mist continues

4 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

seeing the radar light up with yellows gives me hope that its a wall of sleet

3 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I think my expectations were set right that the big show was tonight into tomorrow for here but I think I talked myself into wanting a heavy sleet show for today. Could still happen it is early. light mist continues

were going to miss the yellow. We have light blue lol. Leesburg is the worst precip place ever

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=LWX-N0Q-1-12

5 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Precip has stopped temporarily.  Temp shot up to 34.8.

33.1 and temp and dew are both dropping gradually in Silver Spring even though I'm in a lull. Don't see how you're rising in gaithersburg, most of the other stations in gaithersburg are steady/dropping.

My PWS for reference https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMDSILVE107