Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowGiant611
    Newest Member
    SnowGiant611
nj2va

March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

2 hours ago, mappy said:

Tony Pann tweeted sleet in Cockeysville. Where's @Fozz ? I can't tell what its doing outside from my office window. 

Hey mappy... I can confirm that report. Sleet is piling up on the roofs and the mulch, even some driveways.

12 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Lol.

Temp continues to drop here 28/26 with pillows falling.  ..near an inch 

Congrats. Snow started here about an half an hour ago in Hanover on the PA line. Temps dropped down 4 degrees to 30 during that time and we have a brisk N wind. Snowing moderately at this time closing on a quarter inch on unpaved surfaces.

All sleet in Purcellville with a stray flake mixing in. Decent coverage on my deck, sidewalks and the edges of the pavement. Looking forward to the snow from Winchester to move our way.

Temp: 30

Man. this is the kind of snow that adds up fast. Mix of quarter and dime sized flakes just dumping. And the temps are crashing hard. I think the Euro was on to something.

NW of Winchester. Moderate snow 29 degrees

3 minutes ago, Fozz said:

Hey mappy... I can confirm that report. Sleet is piling up on the roofs and the mulch, even some driveways.

thanks!! its been switching a lot here at work between just sleet, then heavy snow, then back again. 

in PARKTON: 28/25 with heavy snow per traffic camera. I'm leaving work at noon. 

Temp down to 33 in Columbia. Ice accumulation on trees, but not ground surfaces. Trees are squeaking in the wind.

4 minutes ago, EB89 said:

I live in frederick.  My sister said we have about 1.5 inches and it’s pouring. 

4 minutes ago, Kristymac03 said:

WSW now in effect for Frederick county, MD

It has defiantly gotten bad up here. Was not expecting it with this first punch. Just told my husband who drove down to Rockville for work that he may want to stay down there over night or think about heading home earlier. 

wow

Winter Storm Warning
Weather Updated: Mar 20 10:07AM
Issued by the National Weather Service
For Jefferson County, West Virginia
WINTER STORM WARNING UNTIL 8PM EDT TUE ...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDT THIS EVENING... ...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY EVENING... * WHAT...SNOW TODAY, WHICH COULD BE HEAVY AT TIMES. SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 4 TO 6 INCHES ARE EXPECTED TODAY. ADDITIONAL HEAVY SNOW IS POSSIBLE LATE TONIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON, WITH ADDITIONAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 5 OR MORE INCHES POSSIBLE. *
  • Like 1

Just now, Mrs.J said:

It has defiantly gotten bad up here. Was not expecting it with this first punch. Just told my husband who drove down to Rockville for work that he may want to stay down there over night or think about heading home earlier. 

My husband works in Gaithersburg... I have to go to work tonight. I'm an ER nurse  at Shady Grove and I am expected to be there no matter what, especially during these situations.

• Sad 1

Just now, Kristymac03 said:

So as far as closing for businesses and such.. does a WSW put any specific actions in place for those types of things? 

Nope

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Nope

When I lived in Ohio for a bit they had levels and after a certain level you weren't aloud out to drive... was not sure if anything happens like that here.