Total Members
    Most Online
    gotsnow
    Newest Member
    gotsnow
nj2va

March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

7 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

it's transitioned to the smaller flakes indicative of a big snow.

Same thing here...mod snow but fine flakes.

2 minutes ago, Kristymac03 said:

When I lived in Ohio for a bit they had levels and after a certain level you weren't aloud out to drive... was not sure if anything happens like that here. 

They have states of emergency, but not tied to the WSW.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Amped said:

Sucks to be on the line.  Webcams show heavy snow at Clover Hill.  Probably all snow in downtown Frederick according to the CC radar.

On Market - Went from large flakes to a very fine snow about 10 minutes ago.

1 minute ago, Kristymac03 said:

When I lived in Ohio for a bit they had levels and after a certain level you weren't aloud out to drive... was not sure if anything happens like that here. 

Well extreme situations when a state of emergency is in place, there are curfews and whatnot.

• Thanks 1

Between now at 2:30 - 3:00 pm we will probably see temps rise a degree or two and folks try to flip back to rain.  Even with the clouds and precip it's late March and the sun can work its way through.

12 minutes ago, mappy said:

thanks!! its been switching a lot here at work between just sleet, then heavy snow, then back again. 

in PARKTON: 28/25 with heavy snow per traffic camera. I'm leaving work at noon. 

Oh nice... that's going to be a fun drive home.

2 minutes ago, Kristymac03 said:

They do that with Snow Emergencies. Frederick Co. is currently under a Snow Emergency where only essential persons should be driving.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

The ice that accumulated on my trees is now melting. Precip is too light right now...give a brother some rates will ya

we always have rate problems in leesburg. why?

• Haha 1

Just now, leesburg 04 said:

We live in a sink hole

I am over 300' up. Where are you guys? But, in relativity to our west, yes, we live in a sink hole.

SPC mesoanalysis has the 0° line sinking slowly south...essentially along I-81 to US 340 to Lineboro and Parkton now.  

1 minute ago, WeSuck said:

I am over 300' up. Where are you guys? But, in relativity to our west, yes, we live in a sink hole.

Just look at the radar, there is something that eats away at the precip as it heads NE towards us...gotta assume some sort of dip or valley or maybe it really is that Ji is bad karma or something

• Haha 1

It's silly, but LWX's snowfall maps were updated and show a 58% chance of 6"+ in DC proper now.

Obviously still some issues, though, as the 2"+ range is higher regionwide than the 1"+ range :wacko::wacko:

5 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

SPC mesoanalysis has the 0° line sinking slowly south...essentially along I-81 to US 340 to Lineboro and Parkton now.  

Surface or 850?