Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

nj2va

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Interesting, wouldn't have expected many FRZA obs. Cool. 

I think once heavier echos get back into the metro we will start to flip. Local stations all hovering around 34.

Gonna post pictures soon. I think it's because surfaces temps are under 32 where I am at but the sleet line has not arrived and seems stalled. This may turn into a serious ice event for me with FZRA if that line doesn't get to me soon.

17 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Please add location to obs manually. Mobile doesn't show profiles. 

33 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Another suggestion:

Add your location when you post obs, as a lot of us browse on our phones and we can't see locations in the mobile view (at least on Safari).

9 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Pouring sleet in HoCo.  If I was in charge, kids would not be getting picked up now.

And DANG!  That's awesome, WinterWxLuvr!

Busses were already on the road before this started. They will get the kids into school until lunch for those who rely on a hot school lunch then will early dismiss. 

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Awesome what a good storm does to the mood on this board. Always has been. Well for everyone except Eskimo Joe anyways.

The initial band seems to cool things off and folks get some pingers or wet flakes trying to mix in.  Once that lifted north I went back to plain rain and the temp spiked to 35.  

9 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

Our county announced a 2-hour early dismissal at 5:15 this morning.  My daughter was on the bus just a few minutes when word came that they had changed their minds and would be closing.  Its a 40 minute circuit that the bus makes and she was the last one back off after they turned buses around. 

Wow that is great. When it started over here HS kids were already mostly at school. And FCPS is not very good at snap decisions with weather. 

Archived