Total Members
    Most Online
    Cat Lady
    Newest Member
    Cat Lady
Bostonseminole

March 12/13/14 Blizzard/Winter Storm/WWA etc

1 minute ago, tavwtby said:

I've tried everything to post pics, sending to myself and resizing, but it's still too large... any suggestions?

Take a screenshot of the pic. That’s worked for me. Screenshots are a lower resolution hence a smaller file size 

• Like 1

Parents live in Kingston by the Pembroke & Plympton town lines. Dad says it's been some of the hardest snow he's seen in a while and they lost power about 30 mins ago.

3 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

The storm of meh continues here with arctic sand and 2.5". 30F.

Thats about an inch more than I have here!  but the bands look like theyre about to coalesce so at least there'es that.

12z NAM has this maxing out for impact right now through 4pm or so BTW...  has the western deform falling apart over the next three hours... and a new one pulsing to life back here in central zones...before it to vanishes to shreds and flurries this evening...  that's sort of step down in general complexion I'd have to say... We'll see.

Also, rather than a westerly low position - which may have wrong - it appears the rad presentation may actually be reflecting the 700 mb circulation.. .the surface low is actually slightly E of 70 W near 38 N.. which is where the NAM has it on the 3-hourly position off the 12z .. so not bad actually. 

1 minute ago, tavwtby said:

No, I'll do that thanks

1. Compress the images you post

2. Delete old attachments 

Not sure why the board decided to not allow embedded images anymore. Pain in the azz.

4 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

I've tried everything to post pics, sending to myself and resizing, but it's still too large... any suggestions?

use https://imgur.com/

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

12z NAM has this maxing out for impact right now through 4pm or so BTW...  has the western deform falling apart over the next three hours... and a new one pulsing to life back here in central zones...before it to vanishes to shreds and flurries this evening...  that's sort of step down in general complexion I'd have to say... We'll see.

Also, rather than a westerly low position - which may have wrong - it appears the rad presentation may actually be reflecting the 700 mb circulation.. .the surface low is actually slightly E of 70 W near 38 N.. which is where the NAM has it on the 3-hourly position off the 12z .. so not bad actually. 

Long story short: this is working out exactly how we thought 

5 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

Post it to youtube and then copy the link and it'll work. Had the same problem yesterday myself. 

@RUNNAWAYICEBERG bro it has got to be dumping over you right now. Nexrad is bright yellow in and around you guys.

17 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

Vertical cross section on Tropical Tidbits FTW.

Levi out-did himself once again on this one.

march13model2.png

Yup. That is awesome.

13z hrrr seems to have initialized pretty well with current radar. Rather than coalescing bands, it just slides them east and weakens them.

2 minutes ago, CTWeatherFreak said:

Thats about an inch more than I have here!  but the bands look like theyre about to coalesce so at least there'es that.

Looks like that band should be here shortly.

Over 30% of plymouth with out power. I lost cable and internet but have power. I'm sure that will go soon. I'm not getting the 18-24 Because of ratios...it was 4:1 Here. Also, Jim Cantore is in Plymouth :)

I measure 5" on the columns of my porch... sideways.  Can I count it?

That was back breaking shoveling, I'm glad I got the slush out of there.

First flakes in Augusta at 9:55 - there was an office pool on the timing, and as official observer I was barred from entering.  (My guess would've been a half hour too late, anyway.)  Ramped up to moderate by 10:10, flakes flying almost horizontally.

4 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Over 30% of plymouth with out power. I lost cable and internet but have power. I'm sure that will go soon. I'm not getting the 18-24 Because of ratios...it was 4:1 Here. Also, Jim Cantore is in Plymouth :)

Did he thundersnow?

Been stuck in subsidence the last hour or so - down to very light small flakes right now. Heavier echoes keep dying just SE of the city.