SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The King Regains its Throne

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many trees down along the rte 7 corridor from Danbury to Norwalk. Ridgefield certainly looked like a 20 incher, that report checks out. Back roads were still a mess in addition to tree snaps. It’s really fascinating when you see a thick tree down and where it snapped out, you realize how much weight was needed to cause that. 

I got 2” after bedtime so 12.5” total which could be underestimated from not measuring until early evening. Unfortunately, I missed out on the big totals again when the deform laughed at me 10 miles to the west. 

Decent storm, especially how awesome high water content snow looks, but I still have failed to reach that ‘next level’ storm. Still hunting for it....I’m hungry.

Had at least 8 inches of compacted mashed potatoes when I left Randolph at 7:00.  Was still in a killer band at that point, and the drive to the train was horrific in spots.  We didn't lose power this storm, but the number of downed lines that I saw this morning was amazing!  Trees down on the Providence commuter rail line again, so when I arrived at 128 a little after 7:30, I was still early for my 7:12 train.

27 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

...Tolland County...
   staffordville         15.6   439 AM  3/08  Co-Op Observer
   Tolland               15.0   642 AM  3/08  Trained Spotter
   Columbia              12.2   611 AM  3/08  Ham Radio

I could see the path based on the trees from a hill on 395, started in Western Plainfield

march818.jpg

Archived