joxey
Dec 22-23 Snow/Ice Observations

moneypitmike

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

23.3 / 20 sn-

what time we thinking for transition to pl/zr for pike region? 23z-0z timeframe? 

hoping to see radar fill in more as the evening goes on but seems unlikely we score more than inch imby before precip type flips 

I think 00z is a good bet...some guidance has a bit longer, but others more like 23z...so split the diff. And yeah, I don't think more than an inch for pike peeps...maybe 2" if really lucky and that stuff in SE NY blossoms nicely and we are able to hold on to mostly snow until like 8pm...but more likely, prob a half inch to an inch of junk before the mid-levels turn anything to ZR or FZDZ.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think 00z is a good bet...some guidance has a bit longer, but others more like 23z...so split the diff. And yeah, I don't think more than an inch for pike peeps...maybe 2" if really lucky and that stuff in SE NY blossoms nicely and we are able to hold on to mostly snow until like 8pm...but more likely, prob a half inch to an inch of junk before the mid-levels turn anything to ZR or FZDZ.

I won't even make 2" here imo. 

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I won't even make 2" here imo. 

Yeah for this event, you are lumped in with the pike crowd...we're all south of the best forcing and as stuff tries to develop almost over us late this afternoon and evening, we're racing the mid-levels. You'll hang on for maybe an extra 30-45 min. It moves pretty quickly NE. It turned out you really need to be more at the border or north...the rt 2 or pike lines on some guidance was too far south for the stuff earlier today...models tried to trend that way, but then stopped and lifted north as we got within 12 hours.

Pretty over-dramatic for a quick 6-7" of snow.  Heard there were vehicles scattered about off the road on Harlow Hill so they closed the road for a while during the 2"/hr burst. 

Feels like I-84 in CT out there.

STOWE, Vt. (WCAX) Heavy snow forced Stowe Police to close Route 108-- the Mountain Road-- Friday afternoon.

Police said the entire road was impassable because there is so much snow.

They closed it down for about an hour until VTrans crews were able to go through and clear the way at about 3:45 p.m.

19 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Had about 10 flakes here at around 11:30 this morning...that lasted about 10 minutes.  Not a flake or drop of anything since.  Everything dry here.  

We had off and on flurries here  between 12-3 but no accumulation. After 3 we have had several periods of light snow/sleet that have covered things up a bit.  

Archived